cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bwhite
Premolar I

Deposits for Treatment

We require a deposit for dentures/partials/crowns.  We are finding that when a patient/family makes a deposit for a denture or partial and then other other work is done first (fillings or extractions) the deposit is getting "used up" in the transactions so statements being sent are not accurate.  Suggestions?

4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Deposits for Treatment

@ayman or @softdentgirl any suggestions on this? 

@bwhite they only way i can think of to separate upfront or down payments from the account balance is to post them to treatment plan , you can treat them as part of the TP they remain in treatment plan as pending money until the treatment\appt from TP is scheduled and posted 
benefit to that is this money is reserved on the side out of the family\patient finance 
down side , it will not be included in daysheet - register - .... any financial report until posted to patients transactions 

bwhite
Premolar I

Thank you for your suggestion.  We just tried this and I think it will work.  One suggestion - The system will not allow you to post a collection code.  This would be super easy if that could be changed so when the patient checks out, that deposit is posted to the account just like the treatment.

mdunham
Premolar III

Another suggestion would be to create a "prepayment" code such as 1.xxx Prepayment for treatment.  Within the note you would need to note when the Payment would be applied to tx.  However, it would take sincere bookeeping on your part if you want to actually pay the dentist the prepayment on the payment day and provide a receipt for the patient.