cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhanes
Canine II

Did softdent quit offering a scheduler program?

Jump to solution

I just read the newsfeed, I'm hoping I misunderstood, is softdent no longer working on the scheduler?  If this is the case, what are softdent users supposed to do?  If softdent is no longer doing a program for scheduling, what programs are available? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Did softdent quit offering a scheduler program?

Jump to solution

Hello Russell,

Thanks for contacting support. Our scheduling module within Softdent will NOT be removed or discontinued.

Thanks

0 Kudos
rhanes
Canine II

Jump to solution

Will it be improved?  There have been areas I have mentioned in the past that have room for improvement, but haven't heard anything about it.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Russell,

We are always looking for ways to improve the scheduling module as well as all aspects of Softdent.

Have you visited our Customer Portal to add your requests? If not please visit the link below.

http://www.carestreamdental.com/us/en/customerportal

Thanks

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Jump to solution

I think that may have been me .... Do you remember way back in the '80's when Coke introduced a new formula?  They called it "new" Coke.  After awhile, it didn't go over well, Coke went back to the original and called it Coke "classic".  Nowadays, there is no new Coke.

Similar happened to Softdent.  Years ago development created a new Scheduling Module.  It replaced the scheduling module that has been part of Softdent since the start of the program.  The new module allowed for greater flexibility and much more customized templates, tasks, and lots of other benefits, including greater improvement than the regular scheduling module.  Some of the problems with the Softdent Scheduler are that, since the module is written is current language, it requires more horsepower (ie, newer hardware).  Others are that there are two different databases, one for the Softdent program (legacy form), and another in the newer language.  Finally, it took lots of resources and lots of Support attention.

It is my understanding that Softdent Scheduler is no longer available.  Those users on Softdent have access to the normal scheduler module that is and has been part of the Softdent program from the outset.

Sorry for the confusion I may have caused.

0 Kudos
rhanes
Canine II

Jump to solution

I have visited and requested.  I have talked to people and filled out surveys.  I just don't see any vast improvements.  

0 Kudos
rhanes
Canine II

Jump to solution

Oh, I didn't understand there was a different module.  When you made mention of the c-tree I was concerned because I know that is how the scheduler in Softdent 15 is, and is one of our headaches.  Hopefully they will one day resolve the problems with it.

0 Kudos