cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhumphreys
Canine II

Documents in document manager

I am new to working with Softdent. When I scan for example 3 separate pages of insurance into the documents is there a way to see all of the pages at once rather than one page at a time? Also, every time I open a document it opens it but shows the bottom of the right side of the page so I have to maximize the screen, then scroll up and to the left to see the top of the page. Am I just missing something here? Very annoying, but may be on my end.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bert
Premolar II

Re: Documents in document manager

Hi Susan,

You could try capturing your scans to a pdf and then importing them into Softdent. It's an extra step but pays dividend in less steps(less documents to open when looking for information. There are scanners out there that  will scan multiple pages, skip blank pages, auto align the pages and save to pdf as a default. This is very effective with handling multi page documents. Email me albert.keith@Carestream.com and I can walk through how that process works if you are interested.

pksaari79
Premolar III

We have a wonderful scanner workhorse....the Canon Image Formula DR-M140.  It's small and compact, and does everything Albert says a scanner can do.  It' is great because we scan our EOB's into a folder on the Windows desktop and it scans portrait, no matter if the EOB is printed portrait or landscape, it scans multiple pages, it scans front only or front and back....it may be a bit more expensive but the cost of the ease and the speed it scans is worth every penny!!

rhumphreys
Canine II

Thank you! I will start scanning my documents and save as pdf. Much easier. There is not a "screen capture" option in soft dent is there? I am coming from using Dentrix and running into so many things that are not user friendly in Softdent.

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hi Susan,

You can screen capture a couple ways in SoftDent.  You can hit your print screen button on your keyboard, which will open a screen copy tool or you can use Snip (free) or SnagIt, or Greenshot (also free).  There are probably a dozen other tools like this on the net, but these are the ones I'm familiar with.  

Since you came from Dentrix, I would like to recommend our free online training courses for SoftDent.  These are on the Carestream Dental Institute:  Training | Carestream Dental 

Of course, we offer remote live and onsite training also, but these are a good start to make navigating the system easier for you.  Thanks!  Jeff

0 Kudos