cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trubino
Canine II

Documents

I have created a letter under letter experts.  However, whenever we use the letters from the letter expert tab within the chart it is automatically saved under the title available in the documents window.  I have tried to right click to change the document category but it will not give me this option like it usually does.  Is there any way to create a letter expert and choose which file it is saved in in the documents window?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Documents

Hello @trubino 

Would you be able to elaborate a little, possible with some screenshots?

0 Kudos
trubino
Canine II

Ok so I will add pics. We go into the patients chart. Press the letter expert icon, pick the type of letter we want created. A box comes up saying asking what category. We hit gen since there is not the option that we need. From that point the word document opens and pts info is merged. Once our letter is complete we go to save then add ins then back to softdent. At this point we check it by going into patients documents and the letter is stored under available. We would like it under a diff category. I right click on the title of the letter and typically it will have an option to change categories (when we scan into documents) but we do not get this option for this letters created in letter expert. Ill send pics in just a min
0 Kudos
trubino
Canine II

pick letter expert.jpgsaving category.jpgback to softdent.jpgshow pt documents.jpgunder avail.jpg

0 Kudos
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Ah, okay I see what you're saying. When letters are saved back into SoftDent, they typically go into a default category called "Letters," and your SoftDent is somehow putting them into a category called "Available."

I would call into SoftDent Support so we can possibly swap out your doccat.dat and idx files to see if that helps. This would likely fix your issue where the Letters category is showing as Available.

Keep in mind, letters cannot be moved out of the document tree category "Letters"

Only other documents can be moved to different tree categories within the document tree. When you're sending patients to letter expert, that category dropdown is just asking you what category of Letter it is you're saving...not which category you're wanting to save the letter into inside the document tree.

0 Kudos
trubino
Canine II

thank you so much