cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KDA43920
Canine III

ECS Submission

Why does this box not stay unchecked? We manually unchecked every single insurane company just a few weeks ago, and they now are all rechecked. exchange.jpg

7 Replies
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: ECS Submission

Hello @KDA43920 

I believe if you leave your insurance companies with this information entered, the plans that use these insurance companies will become ECS Capable: 

bccarestreamrep_1-1620233596663.png

All of your insurance plans will have that checked if the associated company has ecs information entered.

0 Kudos
KDA43920
Canine III

Do I remove the Payer Type value or the ePosting cababilities?

0 Kudos
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

You can just remove the Payer Type, Payer ID, and Prov/Prac ID fields & that should help.
0 Kudos
drcavola
First Molar I

@KDA43920 Did someone on your team open the ECS module at the beginning of the month?  If so, there are options to scan your insurance file find any/all plans that are not attached.  If someone ran this by mistake, then all your work will have to be redone.

0 Kudos
KDA43920
Canine III

Probably. We go in there occasionally to delete any claims that accidentally go there and therefore don't get sent to our clearinghouse. So that makes sense. 

0 Kudos
drcavola
First Molar I

Just a heads up ... if you thought about calling ECS Support to help.  Carestream has outsourced a lot of their Support calls to a third party.  Good luck with that!!

0 Kudos
KDA43920
Canine III

Definitely won't be calling. I don't have time to hold for 7 hours.
0 Kudos