cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
currin
Canine III

Re: EFT Expanded On Daysheet

Glad to read you will be making this part of the new upgrade! Much needed and very welcomed.

0 Kudos
karenecalefdmd
Canine III

Loree,  Thanks so much for bringing you ideas to this forum. 

Jeff and Matt,  This seems to only be discussed regarding SoftDent.  We run OrthoTrac and I'm wondering what is being implemented in our software.  My Reports dropdowns do not include any of the tabs you are discussing in SoftDent.

Nor does my DaySheet have an EFT report in it.  Will either of these be added to OrthoTrac v12.4? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
alf3316
Canine II

I am looking forward to this update, our office recently started using more EFT payments and i has become hard to keep track of them.

johnbcarpenter
Canine II

Jeff,

Do you have a target date for the v16.3 release?

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
drandolina
Canine II

Hi Jeff,

This looks great.  It's always a challenge to balance a checkbook when some of the transfers are in bulk and nothing is indicated on the bank statement.  When can we expect this update?

Dr. Rick Andolina

FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hello Dr. Andolina,

This is on our list for version 17, probably not the first iteration but soon after.  So we're looking at Q1 2018.  

Thank you,

Jeff

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Ana,

If you need a more immediate workaround, contact me and I'll give you more details as to what we do in order to reconcile and balance those EFT payments.  We do that out of NECESSITY.  I submit that you CANNOT balance without that detailed information for your team at the end of the day, if you post EFT's.

In defense of Jeff and the current Softdent DEV - they don't work in a dental office, and it wasn't until just recently that they got the "AH HA" moment of WHY this is so important.  In addition, this group hasn't been at the helm this whole time.

In defense of the rest of the Softdent users who use EFT's - we've been waiting almost this whole decade to date.  One of their arguments is that not many offices use EFT's to prioritize the day sheet change.  That argument seems a little weak - since the INFORMATION on the EFT total is already listed on the day sheet - we just NEED Softdent DEV to expand that information to make it more usable on a daily basis.

0 Kudos
pksaari79
First Molar I

Where do we stand with this report?  We are nearing the end of Q1 2018.  This report would be important for us.

Also, could you itemize cash by patient name on the deposit slip.  That would be very helpful for balancing.

tthdoc
Canine II

Jeff,

Well over a year ago you presented a sample page, and then a detailed protocol to make this happen.  I think I can speak for many users that it gets old to keep being promised something and never seeing any action.  First we were told in May 2017 "We are targeting this for our next major release, v16.3, which will be in 2017".  When that never happened, we were told in Aug 2017 "This is on our list for version 17, probably not the first iteration but soon after.  So we're looking at Q1 2018".  It is now coming up on Q2 2018 and still nothing.  Perhaps Softdent should consider a patch approach to the software, so when we need one thing (like this report), you could send a patch, instead of having to wait for a major release.  Since there was no answer to the question asked on Mar 16th by Kay, I will ask again, where do we stand on this report??

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Steve,

I know this is NOT going to help, but Jeff Urkevich is not with Carestream anymore.  However, that is NOT to say that development is not listening, reading, and putting items such as this in the Que ....