cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doctom4300
Premolar III

Emailing new patient paperwork to new patients

I'd like to be able to email our new patient forms, which are in PDF format, to new patients who supply their email address, and I'd like to be able to do this from within SoftDent. I'd like to specify the body text of the email.

We have SoftDent version 14.2.8.

Is there a way to do this within SoftDent, including attaching the PDF?

While perusing SoftDent's help, I see mention of the Document Manager, but nowhere do I see how to start the Document Manager. I can't even figure out if the Document Manager would help with what I'm trying to do.

I'm fairly new to dental software, so not everything is obvious to me.

Thanks!

-Brenda

8 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Emailing new patient paperwork to new patients

Thank you for the question!

shanabchriscornettdmccroryjohn.wildharber​ Do any of you have any input on this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dmccrory
Premolar II

If the PDF items are for 1 or a few patients with a valid email address,

you can import the forms to the patients Document's tree.

1. Import the forms into that customer's Documents tree.

2. At the top of Softdent, click on the email icon and this will open a

new window

3. Within the Documents and Images portion, find the document(s) you are

seeking

4. Highlight and click on Add. This will attache the document(s)

5. click on send.

If you are sending these document(s) to all that have a valid email

address:

1. Make sure the PDF items are accessible on the computer in use

2. At the top of Softdent, click on Internet

3. Then select Bulk email

4. within recipient type box, check patients.

5. Within mail options, click on attach. this will bring up a windows

search for your PC

you can then navigate to the documents and attach them.

6. You will have the options to enter a subject and message.

7. Click send.

*Keep in mind emailing is completed by Microsoft outlook that's configured

for your PC.

David McCrory| Technical Support Analyst

David.McCrory@carestream.com

Office: 866.435.7473 Fax: 678.247.0267

www.carestreamdental.com/GlobalSummit

www.carestreamdental.com

Carestream Dental LLC

0 Kudos
shanab
Premolar I

Hi Brenda,

In addition to what dmccrory​ added, if you have your email integrated with Outlook, attachments can be added quickly and easily with the email option in SoftDent.  You can use your current email and have your IT person integrate it with Outlook for you.  This will eliminate some steps when doing attachments. 

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

Thanks for the input. None of those are quite what I want to do. I am quite computer savvy in general, and I'm trying to set things up so that those within the office who are not as comfortable with computers can do things with just a click or two. Anything I can keep within SoftDent is useful, but I don't think that can be done in this case.

I'll stick with having a draft email prepared that just needs an email address added.

Thanks.

Brenda

0 Kudos
shanab
Premolar I

Hi Brenda,

I will play around with the Letter Expert and see if customizing the documents there is a solution to your question.  I just need some time to test it out. 

0 Kudos
shanab
Premolar I

Hi Brenda,

In the Letter Expert, there is a New Patient Forms letter.  When you open this and do the merge, it lives in the document center.  Create the letter.  Select the patient and select the email icon (only if you have Outlook integrated).  The window opens where you can navigate to the document and add it as an attachment to the email.

Letter Expert letters are in word not pdf, but this enables you to keep it in SD.

You can also customize your own letter if you don't like what is already in SD.

Please let me know if you want me to work directly with you on trying this.

Shana

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

Thanks for looking into that, Shana. The document we used was created as a PDF form. As a form, it allows the patients to fill it out on their computer with the data fields being actual fields, and not just underlined text in a Word doc. It's much easier to fill out as a form.

I figured out how to use "canned responses" in Google Mail to keep the process simple for the office staff.

Thanks for your help.

mdunham
Premolar III

Hi, may I suggest creating this form within Utilities.  You will be able to name the form and it will appear under the Options section of all your patient screens.   Additionally it will automatically post to the contact screen (I believe) that this form was sent/printed.    

Browse Softdent info section by pressing (F1)  to search creating these forms within Utilities.   

0 Kudos