cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdamoney
Canine III

Eposting alternate benefits

We are having issues posting claims that have alternate benefits.  Whenever we post a claim that has an alternate benefit through eposting, it will post the payment and write off to our practice account instead of the dr.  There is no way to reconcile the claim lines or apply the payment to the original claim line.  this is always causing major issues in our deposit slip and our insurance distribution list.  It mainly happens when billing bitewings and pans on the same day or when billing crowns that are down coded to cheaper materials.  I have scoured the forums and the help manual in search of help.  Our practice has over 13,000 active patients and marking these not postable is very tedious and posting a $15,000 check manually because we have a handful of alternate benefit claims is also not efficient.  HAs anyone come across this and is there a way to fix it or reconcile this?  I see that I can right click on the claim info before I go to manually distribute the claim and link the lines, but that was never discussed in training and I can not find any info on how to handle that at all.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Eposting alternate benefits

@softdentgirl @bert have either of you come across this? 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Can you please call me at 814.241.2412

Wendy

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I left my contact #

to properly assist, I will need more information 

Wendy

0 Kudos
cdamoney
Canine III

I will send you an email with screenshots so you have an idea of where I am and what I am looking at. 

Jenny