cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine II

Error Message

What does it mean when we get a message stating "Encountered an Improper Argument" and how do we stop it? It's appearing randomly during checking patients out from the inoffice screen and while working in some of the eposting accounts. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Premolar II

Re: Error Message

I get the same message and I believe it happens when the chart or appointment card is in edit mode on a different workstation and I attempt to check in/check out, etc. at the same time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine II

Hi Callton, 

I initially thought the same, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I can be working in the system alone and it happens. We're getting ready to upgrade to v.18, I'm really hoping it will correct these small issues we have. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar II

That is interesting....I was assuming it was a glitch of the "fix" of multiple people being in the same chart.  We have not upgraded to 18 since every upgrade comes with new issues!  Will look forward to hearing if 18 is an upgrade or a downgrade.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the errors you are receiving.  The "Encountered an Improper Argument" error can be a symptom of several different issues or causes.  As of right now there is not any known issue causing the error in the location that you mentioned in CS Softdent v18.  For further trouble shooting we in support would need to ask several different questions and possibly look at the computers that are getting the error most commonly.  

Some steps you may try to resolve the errors without calling support may include:

• Shutting down all workstations and reboot your server then restart all of the workstations.
  • Running a set of maintenance utilities on all files.
  • Change the Workspace Preferences from Classic Workspace to Enhanced Workspace or vice versa.

If after trying these steps you are still getting the error, please give us a call in support so we can further trouble shoot.  If possible, please have an example of an account this occurred on if you call.  This will greatly assist in the trouble shooting process.

I hope this helps you out!

0 Kudos