cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katehill94
Canine II

Gross Productions

Each month, my accountant is wanting gross production numbers by doctor (including hygiene production). So far I have only seen this on a daysheet and if there are no transactions for a doctor that day, they won't show up on a daysheet.  Is there another report that can provide this information?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Gross Productions

Navigate to Reports>Accounting>Registers>Period*

*if you run this at the end of the month each month, you can just select Monthly (not Period)...selecting Monthly anytime other than the end of the month will only include however many days have already been completed so far.

-----------------

This report will show you gross production for the month

bccarestreamrep_1-1614204710056.png

0 Kudos
drcavola
First Molar I

When you are ready to run your "end of month reports", set up a new Register Report for "monthly", which will include the month to date number, but instead of using "999" for all providers, create and insert each provider number you have in your office.  There is a very nice way to setup the reports and prepare them to run each time you run the monthly reports.  A little time to setup ahead of time, but it's just a click of a button in end of month reports and they will run as setup.

0 Kudos
katehill94
Canine II

Thank you. Unfortunately this is just showing me what the doctor produces. It does not include what the hygienist produces for each doctor. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
katehill94
Canine II

Thank you, but this is not including what the hygienist produces for the doctor. It just shows the doctor production. I need a gross number that shows the combination of the doctor's production plus the hygienist's production. Our hygienists work for all of the doctors so I can't just run their number either because that won't break down the production for each doctor.  What I really need is the numbers that are on the daysheet but trying to figure out a different report because if a particular doctor doesn't have anything posted for that day, then they won't show up on the daysheet.  Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

If you'd like to see all of this information on one report, then your Production by ADA report will be your best bet. Navigate to Reports>Practice Management>Production Reports>By Ada

If you include all providers in the report setup, you will have the report grouped in sections by provider and you can see what each provider produced next to the group total. 

0 Kudos
drcavola
First Molar I

Ok, back to basics. Do the hygienists have their own specific provider number?
0 Kudos
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Yes sir @drcavola they do. 

bccarestreamrep_0-1614281820954.png

The report can be run for all providers or specific provider IDs. 

0 Kudos
lindamoseley
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi @katehill94 ,

I am a visual person and like to see what is happening. So I created an example scenario to look at the numbers. Here is what I did. 

2 doctors with collections assigned to themselves.

2 hygienists.

• Nancy Benfer has collections assigned to Dr Smiley
  • Monica Baxter has collections assigned to Dr. Holebrook
  • I posted treatment for each provider.
  • As stated, the Daysheet combines the gross production for the doctor treatment and the hygienist treatment if that hygienist has collections assigned to the doctor
  • In this example on the daysheet you see Dr Smiley’s production number 1225 (his work) + 100 (Nancy’s work) = 1325.
  • And Dr. Holebrook 869 + 50 (Monica’s work) = 919

lindamoseley_1-1614288151023.png

• Then I ran a Register for a period.
  • In the report setup I selected Dr. Smiley AND Nancy.
  • (you would select the date range for the time period you are looking for.)

lindamoseley_2-1614288238442.png

Please note the Production number on the Register does have the same figure as the Daysheet. 1325

So this is giving you what you are looking for.

lindamoseley_3-1614288294287.png

katehill94
Canine II

I'm a visual person too, so thank you.  The issue I'm running into is that our hygienists work with all the doctors. So Monica could produce for Dr. Smiley and Dr. Holbrook on the same day. So if I run the register with Monica's numbers, won't that include all the work she produced and not separate it by doctor?

0 Kudos