Canine II

Re: Gross Productions

yes they do.

0 Kudos
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

For more accurate reporting like you're wanting, we have offices that will create two provider accounts for each hygienist. One of the provider IDs will do work for one dentist, and the other provider ID will do work for the other dentist. 

bccarestreamrep_0-1614290744298.png

This will allow you to be more specific in your reporting when it comes to production associated with doctors. Provider 7 does hyg production with Dr. Holbrook in this example. Provider 2 does hyg production with Dr. Smiley....

0 Kudos
lindamoseley
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Ok, I am with you. So I set that scenario up too to see it in action. 

I posted a transaction to Nancy for $200; but I changed the collections DR to Dr. Holebrook instead of Dr. Smiley.  (remember, Dr. Smiley is who is set as her collections DR in the provider records)

lindamoseley_0-1614290890634.png

I then ran the Daysheet again:

lindamoseley_1-1614290935158.png

Notice the gross number went up for Dr. Holebrook by $200. 

Then I ran the Register again. This time for Dr. Holebrook and Nancy. And that is where I hit a roadblock! Yikes. It is including ALL of Nancy's production; regardless of the collection doctor on the transaction. In other words it does not match the Daysheet figure. 😞

lindamoseley_2-1614291286896.png

So what can we do instead?

Run the Transaction for a Period. Select the date range and select just the doctor you are wanting. 

Notice the check box to include "indirect" income. For "Code Type" I ran for Completed only. 

lindamoseley_3-1614292320322.png

And that gave me the result we were looking for! Woo hoo! This figure matches the Daysheet. 

They key step is making sure the Collections doctor is set properly when the transaction are posted. Then run the Transaction for a period report for each doctor. (do not include the hyg in that report - Dr only)

lindamoseley_4-1614292657750.png

drcavola
First Molar I

Going back to Kate's original request ... her accountant is requesting gross production numbers by doctor ... and on a monthly basis.  The least complicated suggestion, the better, in my opinion.  What you don't want to do, is to make daily reconciliation a major "pita", just because your accountant wants some additional information.  @bccarestreamrep suggestion of creating and customizing multiple provider numbers for a single provider, hygienist or doctor, would add an additional level of checks and balances that are for?  The accountant?  Don't get me wrong, I love my accountant, but do I want my team to check, double check and triple check all our daily transactions to make sure each hygiene transaction is posted correctly?  What's in it for the team?  Absolutely nothing, except for making their accountant happy.  Instead, I like @lindamoseley suggestion of running the transaction for a period.  But I'd go one step further, assuming that a) the provider numbers are setup correctly, and well as the transaction codes that can specify hygiene services are setup correctly, is to make this report included in the end of month report.  Some time require to set it up correctly in the front end, but every end of month reports would include that report, with the results given/sent/emailed to your accountant.  Done!

bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I was only offering that as a potential solution, as we do have offices that do this to meet their needs. I believe between @drcavola@lindamoseley, and myself you should be able to find what works best for your practice's needs. In the end, what works best for one office may not work best for the next. 

0 Kudos
katehill94
Canine II

@lindamoseley thank you sooooo much!! You're my hero!