cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Hello, any ideas how I can transfer 4 B/W'S currently saved in "other intraoral images" onto a 4 bitewing horizontal format?

Jump to solution

When you click on the open image, put your cursor in the middle of the

image, left click one time and hold, and then drag to the frame.

From your description, it sounds like what happens when we double left

click an image.

Linda Moseley | Certified Trainer

US Training Department

linda.moseley@carestream.com

Office: 770.226.3073

CNET : 176-3073

www.carestreamdental.com

Carestream Dental LLC

1765 The Exchange | Atlanta, GA 30339

Find us at www.carestreamdental.com | Facebook | Twitter

Highlighted
Canine II

Re: Hello, any ideas how I can transfer 4 B/W'S currently saved in "other intraoral images" onto a 4 bitewing horizontal format?

Jump to solution

Yes Linda you are correct, the size of the image I am getting when I just click one time, hold & drag to the frame is exactly the same as I get, if I double left click on the image! That's what I don't understand!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar I

Re: Hello, any ideas how I can transfer 4 B/W'S  currently saved in "other intraoral images" onto a 4 bitewing horizontal format?

Jump to solution

It sounds like you imported images from another office and they are in jpg format, not a Carestream RVG

From CS Imaging, resave the images and in the save window, in the upper right, select "Intraoral", and in the upper left, change the date to the date they were actually taken.  If they were imported as a jpg from another office, the date will default to the date imported.  

assign the tooth numbers

Hit OK.  Do this for each bitewing image- this only saves them as individual images.

Since they are jpg images, you can't use the format you use for sensor images.  

Open the Use a Format list

At the end of the list is a format for Third Party/ JPG FMS

It is for a complete series but for now, select the bitewing frame (green outline), go to the history and double click on the image and it will populate the frame.  

Save.

If you want a format that is for jpg bitewings, contact me by email or cell phone with your office contact information and I can help you with the FMS Editor to create what you need. 

shana.bova@csdental.com

shana.bova@carestream.com

724-553-2393 cell phone

hope this helps

Highlighted
Premolar I

Jump to solution

I couldn't see the other responses until now.  OK. Carestream RVG images.  Try just opening the format and then open history and from the intraoral tab just doubleclick on the image on the filmstrip- don't open image first.  See if that works

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar II

Re: Hello, any ideas how I can transfer 4 B/W'S  currently saved in "other intraoral images" onto a 4 bitewing horizontal format?

Jump to solution

Any chance you could put the instructions for creating a Third Party/JPG 4BWX format here?

Also, What Michelle is experiencing happens to me as well.  It's frustrating!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

callton

1- open imaging 
2- format , create 

3- use Frame H_IO Cam and Frame V_IO Cam buttons in toolbox to add the 4 horizontal or vertical boxes 
you can move boxes and use the tools in the toolbar ( such as magnetic grid or frames ..... ) , use align options to align these boxes

once done use the CD icon in toolbar to save , name the format 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Premolar II

Jump to solution

Thank you - it created perfectly! 

Highlighted
Premolar II

Jump to solution

I had the same issue & what worked for me was to minimize that giant image & then I could drag it into the FMX.  Hope that works for you!