cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: How do I get softdent to calculate correctly when there is a writeoff

Your Question: When I do a treatment plan I have to figure the writeoff myself. I have tried to add  to the Bluebook but I am thinking I must be missing something.

Tip: Once you have the following updated correctly as mentioned in the previous posts.

1. Allowance Table 
  2. Plan Max
  3. Plan Estimation Type
  4. Coverage 
  5. Bluebook and % tweaked 

SoftDent calculates the insurance  portion and the write-off together.  When you actually print the treatment plan, it will display a separate  column for the write-off.  you will not need to figure out the write-off manually.  

karen
Premolar I

Thanks so much! I never paid attention to the blue option bar on the left! life changing...lol

kat710
Canine III

Wendy,

When I update the line item with the fee in the treatment plan that the insurance is actually going to pay it does not calculate properly on the treatment plan.  My allowance table is correct, my insurance plan information is correct.  I was told I have to add the write off to the amount the insurance says they are going to pay.  Is there another way to do this?  It seems inefficient to have to do this.  The information is all there - why would I have to add the write-off to the fee insurance is going to pay.  Also, it then does not reflect the actual payment from the insurance company.  Help! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello Leslie,

Q:When I update the line item with the fee in the treatment plan that the insurance is actually going to pay it does not calculate properly on the treatment plan.  ANSWER: You should not need to update the line item if the allowance table and bluebook are entered correctly.

Q: My allowance table is correct, my insurance plan information is correct.  I was told I have to add the write off to the amount the insurance says they are going to pay.  ANSWER: That is incorrect information.  ANSWER: Once again. If your allowance table is correct, the plan has the correct estimation type, Max, Deductible it will indeed estimate correctly. 

Q: Is there another way to do this?  It seems inefficient to have to do this.  The information is all there - why would I have to add the write-off to the fee insurance is going to pay.  Also, it then does not reflect the actual payment from the insurance company.  Help!  ANSWER: please consider purchasing 1 - 3 hour class with a Certified Trainer.  I promise you will be able to maximize the insurance features.

Wendy 

0 Kudos
mdunham
Premolar III

Be sure when you are adding in "payment" amount in blue book , that you do not change your allowable field.   If you find that the payment is changing your allowable section for that specific blue book entry, simply disregard adding anything into the "plan payment " window and instead skip down to the third window and keep correcting the percentages until the payment is as close as you can get it.     It may not always workout to be precise , but it will be close enough for a quote.  Your allowable will be correct, therefore your adjustment expected will also be correct.