cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michetdentalep
Canine II

Re: How is Version 17 going for everyone?

We are using the Cloud version 17 and we use the classic workspace not the enhanced.  We have noticed major bugs in the classic workspace.  I have been using Softdent for 21 years and I am constantly layering accounts on top of schedulers etc.  We are a very faced paced office with 3 doctors and 2 hygienist so I cannot usually start and stop one task at a time.  The update starts in the classic mode with the side bar and image bar which isn't normal.  I have contacted Softdent about this.

Some of the other problems are the context on accounts disappear when layering another screen on top of it.  This doesn't apply in enhanced because you can't layer.  We often layer accounts to transfer information between 2 screens and you cannot do that now because the information disappears. 

We are paperless and when we import documents we label them as we import them and the label names are not saving.  You have to import then select the document and in properties add the information to get it to save.

The arrows for the text boxes are missing on insurance plan notes.

On restart V8.0 compatability is checked every time and that changes the way some of the shortcut keys respond.  

Opening the scheduler using ALT+F2 still isn't working.  

This is some of what we are dealing with but if you use the enhanced workspace you will not see any of these issues.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

There have not been any changes to the Schedule for V17. 

uniondental
Premolar I

Any idea when the first maintenance release will be out.???   We still haven't received the update in the mail but we want to wait until 1st release is out.  

0 Kudos
michetdentalep
Canine II

I have heard nothing back from Softdent as to any of the fixes.  I'm really hoping soon.  They weren't aware of any of our problems either.  

0 Kudos
barbhouser
Premolar I

My admin and clinical teams love being able to be in the chart at the same time.

We have found a few glitches that we are hoping will be fixed in 17.1. If we make a medical history update to a chart we can't go back in that medical history and make any changes it won't save the changes. So hopefully that gets fixed with the update. 

0 Kudos
dmdmatt
Canine II

There appears to be a glitch in viewing team talk notes.  After posting a team  talk note, when it pops up, on a prompt a portion of the beginning note is missing.  If you click on it then the complete note is seen...

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi Amy,

You may have seen some activity related to PracticeWorks v8.1 which provided a much needed refresh to the schedule. Hope this helps.

Jeremy

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi Sharon, 17.1 is slated for a late July/Early August release.

17.1 will have some bug fixes / EFT reporting enhancements and an updated Patient Banner.

Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello Dr. Michet.

Thanks for reporting your issues here. I was not aware of all of these relating to Classic View.

I have just learned about the "context of accounts disappearing" myself from this post a couple weeks ago:

. Sounds like it's been around for too long.

I will take these issues and make sure we have coverage of them to be fixed in upcoming releases.

If you are talking to support, please make them aware of these things as well so they can go through the proper channels from their end.

I know some of them are being addressed now for 17.1 to be released early August.

Thanks for helping us make the product better.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

This is a known issue and is being worked on currently for 17.1. Thanks for reporting it.