cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emilyk
Canine II

Re: How is Version 17 going for everyone?

There are alot of things that need to be corrected. If you don't add a comment along with the procedure codes in treatment card, the procedure codes do not show up. The procedure codes should stand alone for documentation in most cases, so there shouldn't be a need for additional comments on everyone. We found out the hard way. We now have several patients who had visits and there is no documentation of what was done because we didn't know.

Another issue is that the color changes for your documentation doesn't show up unless you go to the visit history area(which is separated now.)

We switched back to the previous version and will wait for the bugs to be fixed.

0 Kudos
enspire
Premolar I

Emily, I see that you are an orthotrac user.  Do you also use Softdent?  

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

This does seem to be Treatment Card related which is our Orthotrac product. SoftDent does not have a Tx Card.
If you would post your comment in the OT "place": , your issue will be seen by those who can address it. Thanks for contributing to the discussion around making all of our software better!

If we don't know the issues we can't correct them!

0 Kudos
enspire
Premolar I

Would Dr. Michet's issues be due to being on the cloud version, it is something that could potentially happen to everyone using V17?  

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

No, his issues are due to bugs in using the Classic View of SoftDent which behaves a bit differently. This is an option in all versions of SD.

All of our SD Cloud customers have been updated and the issues I have heard reported are the same ones reported here. Team Talk not displaying  / Notes Tab going to Docs / etc.

If there are any cloud customers keeping up here be sure to chime in!

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I'm almost more excited for this one!

0 Kudos
karen
Premolar I

I have that issue as well and it was also in the beta version

0 Kudos
lynnnathe
Canine II

Patient medical history can be updated once in a 24 hour period but edits are not retained. This is a potentially dangerous situation and offices should be warned and a solution should be found asap.  Not addressing this issue immediately is negligent.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Yes, this was a defect introduced in 17.

It has been fixed in 17.1 which is due to start shipping this week.
ken
Canine II

Functionality:  v17.0 no longer allows multiple windows left open. In 16, you would see the open window in the left margin and could toggle between views, ie, perio, restorative, progress notes.  V17 demands you close each window before opening another, which is an annoying and inefficient way to manage data entry.

Fonts:  they are simply harder to read!  V16 allowed me to read entries from 4 feet away.  Now I need to move over to the monitor to read...  I would suggest the beta team evaluate these type of issues and remember that the tests need to be done in real-time, clinical settings...not just sitting at a desk and viewing.

Clinical/Charting:   We live in a world of evidence-based data which requires that we document all reasons to support the care we offer.  Softdent continues to fail to provide this functionality.  You can list a condition, but you are limited, and there is no easy way to view your conditions.  I would suggest they program either a new tab on the restorative screen that uses right mouse click to add a custom code for each condition, ie, fracture, incomplete fracture, recurrent decay, new decay, endodontically treated, large filling etc., and allow these conditions to be exported when insurance is submitted.  Or perhaps a new column in the treatment planning list that can be edited and viewed.   There are a lot of choices on ways to enhance the clinical module, but Softdent continues to fail to recognize this need.

You asked, I vented, hope that helps.   This exchange needs to be utilized more to add feedback to improve the software...I don't usually feel this is the case...dealing with simple issues is useful, but once again could be resolved if Softdent would provide a simple YouTube or similar video for initial training, and specific areas.   I would not be adverse to paying for these services myself, and I think it would solve a lot of Softdent's support problems.   If a Softdent development team member wants more feedback, I would be glad to add more input.

Dr.Ken Lagergren