Hello SoftDent Community,
Carestream will be making a major investment in the SoftDent product in 2017. We would love to hear your feedback on where best to focus this effort. Below is a link to a very short survey, please take the survey and help us improve SoftDent!
Will do. I am out of the office today but will be on my laptop later and will do that
Sent from IBM Verse
jeffrey.urkevich --- Re: - Re: How to Improve SoftDent - Survey ---
From:"jeffrey.urkevich" <email@example.com>To:"Shana Bova" <firstname.lastname@example.org>Date:Mon, Feb 20, 2017 7:45 AMSubject:Re: - Re: How to Improve SoftDent - Survey
Carestream Dental - The Exchange Re: How to Improve SoftDent - Survey
reply from Jeff Urkevich in CS SoftDent - View the full discussion
Please post here, so we can generate more activity on the thread.
Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Carestream Dental - The Exchange Start a new discussion in CS SoftDent by email or at Carestream Dental - The Exchange Following Re: How to Improve SoftDent - Survey in these streams: Inbox
This email was sent by Carestream Dental - The Exchange because you are a registered user. Please do not respond to this email directly. For assistance, please visit community.carestreamdental.com. You may unsubscribe instantly from Carestream Dental - The Exchange, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences
Can I make a suggestion? Rather than taking a survey of what Softdent users want to rank as to what's important to them, please list the 25 top items on Carestream's action list to improve the Softdent product. You know that data is available, as it has been acquired in previous asks and previous Support forums. Why? Because we've done this year in and year out. You ask us, we respond, then ..... sounds of crickets...... more sounds of crickets...... more sounds of crickets. Let's take the responsibility OFF the users and put it back on Carestream's pocket, where it belongs.
List the top 25 of items that Softdent users have been requesting for years, in no particular order. You tell us that CS is investing in 2017 - say then we pick our own top 10 from the 25 given. That would give Carestream a great starting point.
Frankly, some of us are "surveyed" out when it comes to asking what we'd want to see in Softdent future versions.
Hello All and thank you jeffrey.urkevich for opening this topic. Here are somethings I would like to see within the clinical module. Everyone, please let me know your thoughts!
Chart Menu options:
1. I would like to see an option to remove all PERMANENT teeth just like there is for primary
2. Instead of having "mark all Permanent as unerupted", I would like to see a graphic similar to the watch summary where I can select what the patient has. It would be even more efficient if the graphic shows both permanent and primary dentition with a toggle and would open (or something similar) with a list of conditions: missing, unerupted, partially erupted that could be selected and then the teeth that it applies to can be selected and when the window is confirmed, the chart would reflect what is present, missing, unerupted or partially erupted without having to go into the "other conditions" list multiple times. This would be more efficient to chart mixed dentition as well.
1. I would like to see a drag and drop option to organize into groups rather than having to select, multi-select and right click and drop down or select icon and drop down to organize. Something similar to the Clinical Imaging tab where images are organized.
2. Instead of the default clinical note populating for treatment planned items, I would like the customer to be able to customize a menu (similar to document categories) that they could attach quickly to a treatment planned item to explain why the procedure was recommended (deep decay, recurrent decay, fracture, unrestorable, etc)
3. I would like to reactivate archived treatment planned items with a current date of planning to eliminate having to recreate the wheel.
4. When archiving, I would like to see the original treatment planned date and not just the archived date show. Currently prior to archiving, a note has to be put into the procedures on when the treatment was originally planned.
5. I would like to see the software work more like v15 scheduler in that you can select what you want in the appointment regardless of group number when making an appointment
6. I would like SD to know that if I tx plan a DO on #3 and end up doing a PFM instead, that the DO can be removed (similar to the prompt for removing a watch but during posting)
7. Explosion codes- When I create the explosion code, I would like the grouping to be done once and transferred to the treatment plan. Maybe another column for group in the ADA codes list? (right now there is a place for time units when creating an explosion code). For example, a denture or partial. There are several steps including impressions and try-in visits that need to be quickly entered and grouped.
1. I would like to see the Per Visit being the only option. There are too many combinations that behave differently based on what is selected AND they are workstation specific. With that, if the per visit option is selected (as it currently is in the software), please make the window populate immediately instead of after you exit the chart AND do not include treatment planned items in the list; only actual. If the treatment planned items must be in the list, if I do not select them to create a note, the software needs to stop listing them in the "review end of day notes" area.
2. I would like to see a default line item populate for anesthesia. The client can customize the note just like now and could select whether to include it in the clinical notes based on if the patient had anesthesia or not. Now every single procedure code potentially has anesthesia in it and it clutters the notes and also can appear that more anesthesia was given than actually was.
3. Get rid of the "patient does not have an appointment today" prompt. Usually they are trying to add something they forgot. Instead of going to patient information and transactions>add or bothering the front office with it, a blank appointment card could open where they could add the missing code, post and do the clinical note.
4. When posting, have them select what provider is posting the appointment. Then only the notes for that provider will be added at that time. I am thinking of a hygiene appointment. Most doctors want to write their own notes or should be writing their own notes. This way the RDH doesn't have to do the "yes" or "no" option for each procedure. The codes marked as hygiene codes would allow for the RDH to do notes for his/her procedures and the exam would go directly to the doctors "review end of day notes" area for him/her to do later.
Imaging Integration (speaking with CS Imaging only)
1. I would like a review queue in the document center for images or a place on the clinical imaging tab where images that need reviewed by the doctor could be flagged easily to the doctor's review queue. Some offices do not have the chance to review xrays at the time of the appointment and having a quick way to track what patients need images reviewed and mark what was completed is needed.
2. If I mark a tooth as missing in SD, I would like to see that tooth missing in the imaging dental arch box
3. I would like to see the annotations be just like in CS Imaging software so they are consistent
4. I would like imaging association to turn the tooth blue when an image is associated with it just like in CS Imaging instead of the small circle that is currently the indicator
5. A split screen option to have the chart and images up at the same time without having to toggle from SDC to CS Imaging or from the clinical images tab>right click>preview image (may have to expand format first)
1. Common toolbar present on this tab
2. An option to see the UR (Q1) and LR (Q4), (for example) at the same time. Usually when SRP procedures are done, they are done per side not per arch.
1. If I change exam order, have the buttons in the Patient Exams toolbar move into the same order
2. Comments on the Perio Tissue exam and have a check box that would enable to see the information from the perio tab
3. If I disable an exam, not have it show on the exam summary at all
4. Have the exam summary available in the per visit clinical note window too for quick and easy reference
1. Have the option/preference to show individual "type" notes like RVG, FMS, etc in the clinical notes. Listing each image along with each format along with the acutal clinical note for the xrays is confusing for clients and clutters up the list.
2. Be able to enlarge the icons on the main charting toolbar
3. Be able to customize the main charting toolbar
4. Have different icons as the default in the common toolbar
5. Unlimited customization buttons that the user can choose the graphic from clip art, their own IOC images, xrays, etc. Right now we are limited and the graphics look similar on many of the buttons and it can be confusing
6. Not having to be so specific on whether I am on the crown or the root of the tooth when moving the cursor around or adding/deleting conditions.
Shana,most suggestions I would agree with. However, under Clinical Notes, we do not use nor like the Per Visit option, so I would be against that being the ONLY option. Other ideas:
- Have the Memos have the most recent at the top....I have put forth this idea before as it was done for Lab Cases in the last couple of years.
- Have options to bold, underline, etc in clinical notes.
I have one more jeffrey.urkevich. When creating clinical notes and using the "0" for all providers, the note doesn't auto populate. The customer has to go to the generic note list and select the note. I would like to see those notes populate without the extra step.