cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mahobbie89
Canine II

How to best utilize the bluebook, allowance tables, fee schedules, etc.

So I purchased an established practice back in 2016. They already had Softdent, but never really utilized these features much. Essentially we rely on manual estimates based on our office manager's knowledge of specific plans, pre-auths, etc.

I would love to have a really robust, complete database to draw off off to get patients very accurate tx plans and estimates without requiring pre-auth.

We are in network with three companies, which represent about half of our insured patients.

I haven't figured how to change yearly maximum benefits for patients. Ours defaults to $1000 no matter what, which is a pain. Anyone know how to change it?

Also, is there a way to factor in the services that will be billed that day, and subtract it from their yearly benefit? For example, if they are using $250 today for comp exam, x-rays, prophy, can the Software factor that in when determining their insurance benefit remaining?

I realize that a complete answer to these questions would be extensive. If anyone can direct me to a webinar, manual, etc. that would be great.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin_bowlerdds
Canine II

Re: How to best utilize the bluebook, allowance tables, fee schedules, etc.

Hoping someone contacted you with this information we rely heavily on our allowance tables and blue books  set up correctly they are a major help.

0 Kudos
mahobbie89
Canine II

No one has contacted me.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi, sorry you haven't heard from us.@ayman Maybe you have some insight here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

to change the default yearly maximum you can assign a certain insurance plan as default settings for new insurance plans based on estimation type 
so for example set an insurance plan X with the default settings you want ( maximum coverage , deductible , coverage percentages .....  )
go to system, change system settings , insurance , select that insurance plan X to be the default of it's type percentage PPO for example 
now every time you create a new %PPO ins plan it will default to be exactly like plan X 
- unfortunately there is no way ( or at least i don't know of a way ) to change the current maximum coverage to all existing plans other than going manually to each plan and change it there 

the system is already configured to do the YTD benefits calculations automatically 
but you have to reset the benefits by the beginning of each year ( or the anniversary month in case it was not set to January )  by going to 
insurance, insurance plan rollover 
insurance , treat plan recalc of benefits 
these 2 utilities will reset the benefits used for patients to 0 
then whenever you post a procedure to patient transactions it will be deducted from the unused benefits 
you can view the unused benefits \ Treatment plan used \ remaining benefits  by going to
patient information screen , click G on your keyboard ( or Guarantor from options in express bar ) 

hope you find this helpful