cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xandersq20
Canine II

How to create admin notifications?

So here's the situation, I run IT for a small practice and they are having some communications issues. I've been tasked with remedying this by setting up a way for the front desk to know when an appointment has been created. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mdunham
First Molar I

Re: How to create admin notifications?

I am unaware of a notification that could auto-pop up.   If the patient is in office, and clinical makes an appointment, a front desk user can quickly see if a patient has appts perform the following:    Go to Inoffice Roster, then select patient, and then Scheduled appointments (S) .  There you will see all appts made for patient.      OR, Inoffce Roster:  select patient name,  Electonic router ( E), then (N) for Next appointment- if there is another appointment the appointment card will show. Also, if no appointment is scheduled, the option of (N) Next Appt will be grey/ unselectable.    

0 Kudos
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @xandersq20

I'm going to tag some additional people from our SoftDent training team. 

@lindamoseley @tsalcido @rhall do you have any suggestions for this? 

0 Kudos
lindamoseley
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

To know if an appointment has been made for a patient follow these steps:

• List > Patient
  • Click Appointments located on the options bar (usually on the left side but could be set to show on right)
  • The Appointments window will display all upcoming appointments for the selected patient

lindamoseley_0-1626274869601.pnglindamoseley_1-1626275465154.png

From the Appointments window, you can get to the book by clicking "Appt Book"; again located on Options bar on left. You can then make new appointments for the selected patient or change an existing appointment. This is so you do not not have to Open the appointment book separately and then find the appointment. Using the patient appointment window will take you to the exact appointment you wish to edit.

lindamoseley_2-1626275900651.png

I would encourage everyone to always start making appointments by finding the patient first. Click Appointments on the options bar.

FYI - You can use the keyboard hot key "S" and then "B" for the appointment book.