cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
doctom4300
Premolar III

How to get a new ADA code into existing Bluebooks?

Code D9944 is new this year. I've added it to our fee schedule, and I've added it to all allowance tables. How do I get the code into each of the existing bluebooks?

7 Replies
doctom4300
Premolar III

Re: How to get a new ADA code into existing Bluebooks?

Searching the application help provided no useful results, nor did searching these forums.

Is there somewhere else I should look for this information? Or maybe I'm using the wrong search terms?

0 Kudos
pksaari79
First Molar I

Sometimes you just have to add the code to the Blue Book and any information you have about it, like if there's a deductible, how much they'll pay Etc. We don't add a new code to a Blue Book unless we have to, such as an EOB that has come through and will now pay on a code.
0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

But this is a new ADA code. It applies to pretty much all bluebooks. Do I have to manually change each one?

0 Kudos
pksaari79
First Molar I

Maybe there is a utility you can run, I don't know. But since not every Insurance accepts every code, we add them as needed.
0 Kudos

Based on what version of Softdent are you on there should be a standalone utility to reflect allowance tables changes to linked BlueBooks 
Softdent support can run transfer that utility to your server and run it if you are on a compatible version 

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

Will running System->Fees Maintenance->Update Bluebook Fees add the code? Or does that only update the fees of the codes already in the Bluebooks?

0 Kudos
amansour
Canine II

Running the "Update Bluebook Fees" will only update the "Fee" column in the Bluebook, which is your Fee Schedule 0
a stand alone utility called UpdateBBWithAllowTable need to be ran to update your Bluebooks with the changes you made to your allowance tables