cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine II

How to go paperless with Softdent

Hello everybody.  I'm the IT for a dental office that uses Softdent.  The dentist has asked me to look into what all would involve them going "paperless".  After poking around on some of these forums I know that's kind of a broad term.  Is there someone from Softdent/Carestream we can coordinate a training session with?  I'm assuming Softdent comes with the ability to upload documents and whatnot built in, so it's probably just a matter of training.

I've also seen people saying you need a scanner that uses TWAIN drivers, found this one on another one of the posts here.  Is this something that would be recommended? https://www.amazon.com/Canon-imageFORMULA-DR-M140-Document-Scanner/dp/B005ZOCWYI

Also do you scan the documents as a PDF to the computer first, and then upload into Softdent?  Or you do scan directly into Softdent?

If anyone could provide a resource as to if there's someone at Carestream I can reach out to for training it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: How to go paperless with Softdent

Hello,

I can assist, I am a Trainer for Carestream

Wendy.Potts@csdental.com

Cell (814) 241-2412

Highlighted
Premolar III

Re: How to go paperless with Softdent

We are not a paperless office, but we are slowly changing things to digital.

We scan to PDF and then import the PDFs. One frustrating thing about that is when importing into SoftDent, it doesn't automatically show PDFs. It shows what it calls image files, but that does not include PDFs. You have to select "show all" (or something similar) from the Type drop down box.

Ironically, the CareStream Imaging software *does* show PDFs when importing xrays.

0 Kudos