cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doctom4300
Premolar III

How to make insurance estimations ignore the yearly maximum

How do I make a treatment plan ignore the yearly maximum? I want the patient to see how much insurance will pay on many given procedures. We include a note indicating that the each procedure estimation assumes the maximum has not been reached. This will allow the patient to decide if they want to break up the treatment over a couple benefit years.

I've tried checking the "Do not use YTD benefits in estimation" box when adding items to the treatment plan. When I do that, the information on the screen changes, but once I click ok the amounts no longer ignore the insurance maximum.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
doctom4300
Premolar III

Re: How to make insurance estimations ignore the yearly maximum

I just realized that while I can't get the screen to do what I want to do, it seems the printouts show what I want. That's what the patients see, so that works.

0 Kudos
callton
Premolar II

You can click in the box "Do not use YTD benefits in estimate" in the upper right hand quadrant of the box below....

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

That's the same box that I mention in my original post.

That box will make the estimate ignore the yearly max while still in that screen, but once I click ok and get back to the main treatment plan screen, the estimate once again includes the yearly max. In fact, if I click on that line again to edit it, the box will no longer be checked.

0 Kudos
callton
Premolar II

Oops - I see that now!  I'll blame it on the Monday morning fog!