cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lakegirl
Canine II

INSTANT MESSENGER feature in Softdent

I would like to see an instant messenger feature in Softdent (sooner rather than later). As all offices are, we are in constant need to for communication between our clinical and front teams and  between workstations in the customer service areas alone. It would be awesome to have an internal instant messenger feature that would provide this to our teams and Drs. This messenger feature would provide instant communication between all members of our team especially in the presence (direct or indirect) of patients and would be HIPAA compliant. So many other industries are using this in their work environments and I cannot emphasize enough how HUGE it would be for dental offices everywhere. Your thoughts?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
9 Replies
pksaari79
Premolar III

Re: INSTANT MESSENGER feature in Softdent

We use BlueNote for communication.  You can communicate with all, some, one room/person at a time. You buy it and then it's yours but we have had it for 3 - 4 years.  Check it out!!

karen
Premolar I

We too use BlueNote and Love it! It works great for us! 

laynee
Canine III

We use Venga. Works well for us.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

We use to have PW Lights, but I'm not sure if it is still out there.

Blue Note & Venga is what I see in Other offices and everyone using these seems very Happy

angie
Canine II

Instant Messenger would be great for the office that I work in.  The actual dental office is on one floor and the administrative offices on another.

bswh
Canine III

We use Bluenote and it has worked great for us. We have beenusing it for about 4 years and love it.

pksaari79
Premolar III

PW Lights was great but it was not marketed very well.  We moved to BlueNote when Softdent no longer supported it and I believe that was when you had to move on from Windows XP.

0 Kudos
grauch
Canine II

Yes!!   Softdent seems to be the only dental software with no messaging ability.  I hope this changes soon!

bayarea
Canine III

Yes, I'm sure we could go out and buy additional programs (to the tune of $800+) like BlueNote or Venga. But having it IN SOFTDENT would be sooooo much more convenient, user friendly, and familiar for my more computer-challenged staff. Also, it's good for Softdent to remain competitive and strong. I like being able to say to other offices that we love our software.