"Houston we have a problem" and I am wondering if anyone else out there in softdent land has been experiencing the same issue that our office has been experiencing for the last few weeks......a number of our patients accounts are having issues with their insurance information switching to a different plan. We have started to keep tract of the patients and the insurance companies ie: being switched from original insurance information to wrong insurance information and it seems that all insurance companies are affected no rhyme or reason however delta dental is seeming to show up most frequently. Softdent doesn't have a audit report to run to see if this is human error...my front desk swears they are doing nothing differently. Patients are upset and staff is confused to date we have about 26 patients affected. Any help out there "Houston". Softdent ran a utility on the insurance program so we will see....Spoke to Trojan and they have not input but would welcome a conference call with softdent if issue continues.......Help....
Awe ... the front desk says "I didn't do anything".... , if I had $1 for every time I've heard that! (just kidding).
Actually, all those phantom changes in the account and/or patient screen NEED to have a log created with a date stamp and user, and a short description of the change. It is very easy to view the insurance plan, look at the insurance company, do a little checking, and then "inadvertently" change something .... and who would know? Of course, you could modify the security settings so that NO staff member can DO anything ... but ??? (just kidding again).
You're correct - there is no audit trail created within the account.
Maybe Softdent 17.1????
So Houston we are still having problems with insurance accounts being changed in some cases this is happening multiple times to the same account. Aliens you might say. We spoke with Softdent rep yesterday and low and behold were told someone else reported having this problem....the rep was able to nail it down to a possible problem with Trojan and the updates with their program to softdent. We will see. well at last I have confirmation from Houston we do in fact have a problem! Thank you
We found out what the problem was...when correcting a patient's insurance information instead of hitting the add button and making the change our staff was hitting the edit button and making the change...this was changing everyone on the plan....causing a lot of problems. I know some of you have been having this problem. Houston we figured this one out and are on our way home!
I have been having this problem too for years too, and my front desk staff says the same thing as well. I can only assume that they were doing what you just stated that you found out. They were editing the insurance information when they should adding. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Now here is something that I would love to see Softdent do though. When changes are made to appointment etc there should be a way to look into history and see who made these changes. Currently it seem Softdent only tracks the last change. This is a feature that Dentrix has that I really love. This feature would really help a lot with training.