cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwalers123
Canine II

Re: International Addresses

Jump to solution

On that second line for addresses, do you know that if you put an apartment or unit number, it does not print on the statements?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
lovelyrita
Canine II

Jump to solution

We have maybe 10 active patients that live outside the US.  However, we see many international patients on emergency.  Being located in major tourist destination, we get patients from all over the world who are having an emergency while here on vacation. We have to use a fake address in order to complete the chart.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Dr. Cavola,

Agreed. I'm working on it. The goal is to group them and address whole areas instead of isolated issues. 

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Joanna,

According to your profile you are a PracticeWorks user. Just want to make sure our SoftDent users understand this answer pertains to PracticeWorks only.

The second address line does print on the statements. Here's a snippet from a screen capture of the address on a statement:

If you'd like I can start a discussion in the PracticeWorks community regarding this. 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Agreed. Good to have the feedback so we can prioritize appropriately.

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Jump to solution

Great to hear .... thanks.

I think when the Softdent client base uses their own intellect for devising work arounds for Softdent deficiencies then there is/was/hopefully soon to be gone an issue with development not really listening to the needs of their customers.  That means that the user base has been so frustrated with the sluggish or non-existent pace of the enhancements to the core program that "we've" taken it upon ourselves (and with the help of trainers and support) to figure out how to make the Softdent program work  for our specific needs.  An example in our office specifically - we designed our own EFT report to run with each daysheet in order to reconcile and balance the myriad of EFT payments received on a daily basis.

When Development is ahead of the curve, you have Steve Jobs and Apple - who devised products and features that their customers did not know they really needed.  The opposite is a bad place to be .... stagnant Softdent program and frustrated client base. 

I give current Development now a lot of credit - they are in the process of turning things around.  And we're looking forward to all the work they've done to date soon - in Softdent version 17! 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Thanks! I don't think I can say it enough but you're right that we haven't been responsive enough to the needs of people using the software. I have a support background and it was painful to hear about some of the workarounds users such as yourself have to make. 

The challenge we'll face going forward is prioritization. The issue you're experiencing with imaging is a perfect example. It may seem as though we've forgotten about it, but that's not the case. It's at the top of my list for SoftDent. It's crucial that development and QA have the time and focus to get smart locking (our term for allowing multiple users into accounts at the same time) right - which they have. Now it's a matter of implementing in all "flavors" of SoftDent. I don't think anyone would benefit from our implementing a new workflow then failing to ensure it worked properly! 

We appreciate your dedication and willingness to work with us. Our team is convinced we're on the right track. 

0 Kudos