cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pksaari79
First Molar I

Re: Is it possible to add a PDF file to a patient's chart

Jump to solution

We have learned only Jpeg can be copied into a patient's chart.  If it's a pdf file, we make a note about it in the chart but import it under documents with it's own heading.  I wish it could come into the clinical chart as it would keep everything together in one place.  We are on Softdent 16.2.8.

0 Kudos
wenp69
Canine III

Jump to solution

Thank you, I must be in a SoftDent thread, I find no place to import documents to PW.

0 Kudos
mdunham
Premolar III

Jump to solution

I have success pining a document when saved as a XPS document.  I cannot view a pdf if it is posted in the document tree.   

pksaari79
First Molar I

Jump to solution

When you say pin a document as a XPS document, is this pinned in the clinical chart?  And how do you get a XPS document.....most of ours download or a re copied as pdf or jpeg.

0 Kudos
mdunham
Premolar III

Jump to solution

I select the document and then hit print.  When my print options appear, I scroll and select XPS,  my documents folder will then ask me to name the xps file-- I add the pt name to it/description etc.  then go to doc tree as normal and select the third button to right to import a file, then type in file name, select the file.  The file will then appear as a white box with a blue center, right click on the box and your document will appear. 

0 Kudos
pksaari79
First Molar I

Jump to solution

We follow the same steps but use the pdf file.  I was hoping your way of doing things would go straight to the clinical chart.  But, yes, we use the document tree too.  Thanks for clarifying!

0 Kudos
smiles5874
Canine III

Jump to solution

I just tried it and it worked.  You have to click on file and then the the word "import" not the two options that are listed under import. I must say though that you need to make sure you know where you have the file saved in Microsoft. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Wendy,

I believe you're running PracticeWorks, whereas the original poster is running SoftDent. In PracticeWorks you can add PDF's (and many other file types) to the chart using the Attachment button. Sorry for the confusion. 

0 Kudos
wenp69
Canine III

Jump to solution

I realized after i read further and saw the thread in my feed.  Am I not seeing in the exchange how to filter only seeing discussions for my software?  I would prefer to stay only in PW subjects.  Also is there a KDI thread?  I chose PW in my original setup, but i still see posts from all the different groups.

0 Kudos
marybrotbeck
Canine II

Jump to solution

My Doctors and staff don't like having to jump around from chart to documents. They prefer all clinical information in the chart. We currently scan and import to the chart. We use documents for all other documentations, paperwork and communications with the patient.

If Practice Works can import PDF, why not SoftDent? Hopefully, SoftDent will add this function soon.