cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianjonesvb
Canine III

Is there a 64 bit version of SoftDent

Jump to solution

Hello sorry if this is a dumb question but is there a 64 bit version of soft dent? Is so, is there a different Setup to run?  Thanks many everyone!😁

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Is there a 64 bit version of SoftDent

Jump to solution

SoftDent is only offered in x86 as of now. There are no plans, yet, to release it in x64.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@bccarestreamrep @trankin do you happen to know? 

bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

SoftDent is only offered in x86 as of now. There are no plans, yet, to release it in x64.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ianjonesvb
Canine III

Jump to solution

Ok thanks for the clarification, is it possible to get that rolling because I find it interesting that in the recommendations for systems y’all list 16 GB of RAM but Softdent can only handle 4GB maximum as it is 32-bit. I understand putting a little overhead but to recommend something that users can’t currently utilize more than 25% of.  It would be super awesome if y’all could make it 64 bit thanks so much y’all rock.

drcavola
First Molar I

Jump to solution

Be careful what you asked for.  If there is a way in which Carestream can monetize the upgrade, they'll figure out a way in which the "end users" will have to pay for it.  Long gone are the days in which software upgrades, especially the major ones (version x to version y), come without any surcharge at all.

0 Kudos