cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine II

Is there a way to receive ERAs but not have payments posted to the patient accts?

Most of our insurance payments come by EFT now so I spend a lot of time going to each website to print off EOBs for daily payments. I would prefer to post the insurance payments to the patient accounts myself so I don't know that ePosting is right for me. Is there a way to receive the ERAs in one location within Softdent and not have the payments automatically posted to the patient accounts? I am looking into signing up with a 3rd party company that would provide that service but would like to stay within Softdent if possible.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Premolar I

Re: Is there a way to receive ERAs but not have payments posted to the patient accts?

I'm in the same situation.  We have over 90 different insurance companies that pay by EFT, and going to each of their websites to download the EOBs takes me about 8-10 hours per month.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine II

Re: Is there a way to receive ERAs but not have payments posted to the patient accts?

Softdent does not automatically post the payments.  There is a window (epostings viewer) where you can view the ERA payment details along with the claim/patient details.  From there, you can post they payment to the patient after reviewing the payment details.  If you choose not to post, you can still go to the patients transaction screen and post the payment manually like you prefer to do.  So yes, you can use epostings to download the ERA files in SD, view them, and then post the payments manually.  Please call our sales team @800-944-6365 for more information.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar III

I am at a loss as to why one would NOT want to post using the ERA (more recently called epostings) window .... not only is there essentially just one click (occasionally you have to associate the claim and do some adjustments to the payment amounts) but also the EOB is posted at the same time.  Should the claim be a primary and there is secondary to submit, Softdent recognizes the process and the ERA secondary claim can be printed, as well as a prompting for the primary EOB to print ...

If you choose not to use the ERA, then you'd still have to go through the long list of payments that get downloaded to your office and process those anyway.  What I mean by that is that you don't want to delete all those claims, but rather mark those claims as complete.

0 Kudos