Team Talk notes provide many functions within SOFTDENT Software, acting as
"pop-ups" or inter-office messages. Many offices refer to them has
"post-it notes" within the software.
Setting up Team Talk Notes
1. Click TeamTalk in the main menu bar.
2. Select TeamTalk Setup. The "Team Talk Setup" window is displayed.
3. Click the drop-down arrow below the "Database Type" field.
4. Select the desired database type for which to create a note.
Employer / School
5. Select "One/Few #" or "Every #" depending on whether the Team Talk note
will be displayed for certain or all records.
If "One/Few" is selected it will be necessary to select the records that
are needed. Click the drop-down field to the right of "One/Few #," hold
down on the keyboard and select the records that are needed.
6. Select the frequency for which the note is to appear. The available
At Next Event
In Date Range (Please note that if the "In Date Range" frequency is
selected, a date range must be selected)
7. If needed click Extra Settings and select any additional conditions as
needed. More information on the Extra Settings options is available in the
8. Enter the desired note description.
9. Enter the desired text of the note that is to appear.
10. Select a sound to be played when the note is displayed if so desired.
11. Click Save.
12. Click Close to close the "Team Talk Setup" window after the note has
David McCrory| Technical Support Analyst
Office: 866.435.7473 Fax: 678.247.0267
Find us at Twitter | Facebook
First you have to make sure you are in the patient you want a team talk on, not the general setup or you will get it applied to every patient.
We use Team Talk alot,and I have started putting dates to make it easier to delete at a later time. Things such as the patient is going off to dental school or getting married, etc. Other things that we may not put the date is if they are 3 month recall with a periodontist. Team Talk is a very helpful tool!!
Is this something extra like a module that you have to pay for or is it included in our softdent software?
Included in the software...you can have it at your fingertips if you customize the toolbar. The icon looks like a small notepad.
Is there a shortcut or easier way to search for the patient you want without scrolling through every single patient?
Another avenue would be to give those NS patients a certain code.....then you can run a report. But that depends on how you want to find these patients. The Team Talk would show you the note each time you went into the patient, depending on how you set the parameters for where you want the team talk to show.
Sounds like on creating the Team Talk note, "Every Account/Patient" was selected instead of "One/Few". To look for the note and remove it, try the steps listed:
1. Click Team Talk in the main menu bar.
2. Select General Team Talk Lists.
3. Select the type of record the Team Talk note (Account or Patient) to be deleted is for .
4. Highlight the desired team talk note. The targeted note will have "all" meaning for every account/patient.
5. Click Delete.
6. Confirm the Team Talk note deletion.
After this is done, then redo the team talk note for a single patient.