cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tamaddux
Canine II

Ledgers with payments separated by personal / insurance payments?

Is there a way to print ledgers with payments separated by personal / insurance payments?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Ledgers with payments separated by personal / insurance payments?

Hi, Hmm let me see. Maybe @ayman has some recommendations on this as well.

0 Kudos

there is no direct way to do it 
just to make sure i understand it correctly 
you want to print personal payments for a certain patient separated from insurance payments 
in this case you can 

add a unique user code to that patient ( from patient information screen user codes put number 5 for example )
Run trans for a period  ( reports , accounting Trans for a period ) Set date range , set patients with user codes ( add 5 there or whatever character you used as a unique user code ) 
in codes select personal payments codes \ personal payment ranges  (1 thru 1.99 , 3 thru 3.99 , 11 thru 0  , 12  ... ) these codes could be different depends on your setup 
this will give a list of personal payments for patient\s  that has user code 5 in their user codes which is only that patient 
repeat same report but using insurance payments code \ insurance payment ranges (2 thru 2.99 , ......... ) 
once done you can remove the user code from patient information 
hope you find that helpful 

0 Kudos
tamaddux
Canine II

Thank you for your reply!  That may work, but I was really looking for a report that totaled both insurance and personal payments for the patient so they don't have to manually do it themselves.  (See attached.)  I get a ton of requests for ledger totals this time of year for tax purposes.Capture.JPG

Hey
if you dont need the detailed breakdown for each patient you can choose show total only (format 3 ) when running trans for a period 
though that trans for a period will show total at the end either ways 

0 Kudos