cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robertandre731
Canine II

Medical Alerts in Patient Chart screen

Hello,

My dental assistant staff wanted to know if there was a way to display the medical alerts that appear in the patient window in the chart window. It seems that when we open a chart even there are alerts on the patient screen and even if we check the boxes under the alerts tab in the chart it displays as "none".

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Medical Alerts in Patient Chart screen

Hey @robertandre731 

I can assist with this. First, navigate here.

bccarestreamrep_0-1618402469392.png

Clicking this will bring up this list: 

bccarestreamrep_1-1618402537781.png

Only the items that are RED will appear at the top of the chart as a medical alert. If there are some on your list that are not red, you can double-click each item and check this box to turn that medical condition into an alert: 

bccarestreamrep_2-1618402653116.png

After this is done, when a patient has a medical condition selected that's setup to be flagged as a medical alert, it will show at the top of the patient chart like this: 

bccarestreamrep_3-1618402807076.png

0 Kudos
robertandre731
Canine II

Hello,

This is great but I suppose it doesn't go far enough for my practice. It seems that while you have several fields that are customizable there are certain things like a latex allergy or allergic to sulfa drugs (which is super important) and when I tried to add the new condition to the customizable medical history it does not show up in the list of conditions on the chart.

So maybe it's something I've missed? This is very helpful for the pre-populated list but I suppose I am hoping for a feature that may not exist yet.

0 Kudos
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Well, let's see!

So, you have gone here and added your customized medical conditions right?

bccarestreamrep_0-1618422263016.png

Once your medical conditions are added, click this: 

bccarestreamrep_1-1618422406335.png

You will get a screen that looks like this: 

bccarestreamrep_2-1618422464166.png

Once here, your added conditions will be "hidden conditions" at first, but can be highlighted and then moved to "displayed conditions" when you click the "add" button in the middle. If the "add" option is greyed out, it means your displayed conditions are FULL. You will need to highlight some displayed conditions and select "remove" to make room for some hidden ones. Once your new conditions are officially "displayed conditions" you can click the move up and move down options to move them higher up or lower on your list. You can assign these new conditions medical alert flags as well like we did in the previous reply. 

Does this help?

0 Kudos