cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drcavola
Premolar III

Re: Organizational of EOB'S 101

Wendy,

Why would it be a waste of time and space?  The actual "scanning" to me is the time consumer.  Given that you are recommending scanning, why not be consistent and place the document in the patient's document tree?  Softdent defaults the ERA EOB's to go into their own catagory in the document tree.  I would LOVE for all the EOB's to be treated just like the ERA EOB's in terms of ease of input.  Now if you weren't promoting scanning, then it's a different story....

As an aside, the size of those scanned documents are about 250kb - not very large at all.  Of course, those of us "seasoned" Softdent users may have gigs, gigs, and gigs, of those on file ...

As a second aside, I am using your folder idea thoughts for end of day and end of month reports as opposed to printing them.  Still in the works.

drcavola
Premolar III

Sorry Wendy ... another question.

Why a shared folder?  Are you trying to make sure everyone has access to those EOB's from all workstations on the network?  Accessible within Softdent throughout network?  Or just accessible outside of Softdent?

0 Kudos
pksaari79
First Molar I

Trust me, it IS time consuming to scan into each patient. We did it and so glad we switched to Wendys suggestion. When you have bulk payments, it was a pain. You have to go into each patient and thats time consuming. Wendy's system works well.....it takes less than 5 minutes to scan.plus we don't go into it that often, but nice to have when we do. Shared makes it easy for other employees to check. The 2 front desk computers have it shared and we have it on the server computer. I like that since I remote in from home a lot and on the weekend. We also put other things in the shared folder - easy to do -and that is helpful. I will be happy to discuss further to answer questions.....just let me know.

currin
Canine III

Thank you to everyone for your conversations.  We will move forward with Wendy's tip.  I really appreciate this support message board!

You are great!

Deb

0 Kudos
bayarea
Canine III

You still only need to keep the EOBs for as long as your state mandates. Years and years worth of them in the Patient Documents should be deleted "as you go" so to speak. Plus, when you have a bulk check you still only need to scan it once, you can link it to as many patients as you need.

That's why this section was made, right?! Besides the memory storage you are utilizing isn't on the computer, it's on the server. Most servers, especially these days, have more space than you will possibly ever need.

callton
Premolar II

Anyone know how long the state of WA mandates keeping EOBs?  I found WACs about dental records but it is not specific to insurance payment records.  Most companies make EOBs available online, which is where I go if I have to go back and look at an EOB (rarely).  

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

https://fortress.wa.gov/doh/opinio/s?s=5376 

if you click on the link above 

you can submit your question to the Washing State Dental

hope this helps!

Wendy

pksaari79
First Molar I

I just got off the phone with Roy Shelburne at Insurance Solutions.  He says to keep all EOB's for 7 years  Anything that might relate to fraud is a 7 year policy.  

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Thank Kay - You are the best !

0 Kudos
currin
Canine III

UPDATE

We are now saving our EOB's to our desktop folder! Hip Hip Hooray no more copying and filing!  Thank you Kay for the heads up as far as how long we must keep our folders.  Seven years of paper no more just digital files!

Thank you  

Deb

0 Kudos