cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KDA43920
Canine II

Patient Credit Balance

Is there a report I can run specifically for PATIENT credit balances? NOT account balances. There are two different doctors in our practice so sometimes payments get posted to the wrong one. The account balance is zero, so it doesn't show up in the typical credit balance reports. I need PATIENT credit balances only. I tried making a user-selected report, but it did not work. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
drcavola
Premolar III

Re: Patient Credit Balance

I don't think you can specify with any type of report.  Balances are based upon account, not patient, as you know.  For our office, I look at the printed routing slip.  On the UR are there are the balances listed.  In your case, there would be a zero account balance, but a credit balance for that particular patient for which you printed/viewed the routing slip.  But, that also tells you there is a debit balance on another patient in the same account, for which balances out the account to zero.  To correct, if you need to know, would be in the account screen, hit the "y" button, and that will take you to the account payment screen, for which you can prompt Softdent to do a balance transfer.  Softdent should be able to appropriately distribute the funds to individual providers in the case that payments were posted incorrectly.

0 Kudos
KDA43920
Canine II

Yeah, I know how to correct it, I was just looking for a simpler way to find them. I need to clean them up so the doctor's get paid properly. There has been a recent practice transfer, so there are random credits from the previous owner that need to be paid back to the patient, but they're not showing up in reports because the account balance is at zero. I'm currently going through every single account (10, 000+) manually to try to find them.
0 Kudos
katehill94
Canine II

You could run a patient user selected report and check the "patient balance" box and set it for less than $0.00

0 Kudos
KDA43920
Canine II

I tried that, it didn't work.
0 Kudos
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

A patient user-selected report should give you the results you're looking for. I will show one below that showed me the patients in my dataset with credit balances: 

bccarestreamrep_0-1614207546102.png

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

@bccarestreamrep The problem with doing the report in that format is that you cannot exclude any or all the accounts which have the same negative balance.  The OP is looking for accounts which have a ZERO balance, but have patient credits within the account.  The OP is looking for accounts to do an account transfer of credits and balances, in order to make the accounting of different providers accurate.  If you can do add the parameter of "account equals zero balance" then it would work, but that is an account user-selected report I believe.

bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

@drcavola is correct. Since you won't be able to find one report that shows you accounts with a $0 balance that contain patients with a credit balance, you'll have to use the above report and do some checking on the accounts they belong too. I apologize, as I misread your entire request and went straight for giving you a report that shows active patient credit balances.

0 Kudos
KDA43920
Canine II

Spoiler
Thanks for trying to help guys! I'll just continue going through the gajillion accounts manually! 😂It's not a super big deal, just thought someone might have a cheater for me! 😊
0 Kudos