cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristenb0726
Canine II

Patient Forms for Current Patients

For those of you who have gone paperless, what forms do you print (especially at the beginning of each year) for the patient to review and/or update. I found the Medical History form that can be printed with the patient's info pre-populated information on it but is there a form that has the demographics and insurance info that the patient can review and/or update then sign off on?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
8 Replies
doctom4300
Premolar III

Re: Patient Forms for Current Patients

I know the routing slips have the demographic information (address, phone numbers, insurance). You can print those from the patient list window by selecting the patient, and then selecting Routing Slip from the Patient Info/Forms choice on the left. Is that what you need?

Does anyone know if there is a way to print a routing slip with ONLY demographic information? I would like to remove the treatment information from the form.

dsfdom
Canine III

In our office we use the Update Patient Info Form found on the patient screen. Select patient > on the option bar select Letters and Labels > Quick Letters > Update Patient Info Form. We have the patient review the info, make any changes, sign and date at the bottom and scan into their documents. 

doctom4300
Premolar III

That's exactly what I need! I just knew it had to be right in front of my face.  Thanks for the help.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Are there any additional forms that are commonly reviewed and approved / signed off / confirmed either on an annual basis on when patients come in for a visit? I know that medical history, contact information, and insurance are the big ones, but I am wondering if there are others...

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

You covered all the major ones... sometimes offices need consent forms (HIPAA, financial policy, or for treatment) signed, but that's about it. 

jmerhar
Premolar I

Because we need a Hipaa consent form every year, I would like something on the routing slip that shows it is updated for the year already, kind of like x-rays, when they were last taken.  Otherwise I have to look in documents for each and every patient.  I include our "Signature on File" for insurance with my hipaa so at least I have a "2-in -1 form". 

jojob
Canine III

I use the Patient Update form also.  However, I get to it faster.  When on patient page OR on the list of family members (highlight your patient):  Press Q.  Press U.  Then, P for my printer option.  Done!  

(When you press Q, the list of Quick Letters pops up.  You can choose any of those to print besides U for Update.)q

dental3208
Canine III

We have recently implemented using SoftDent's Patient Medical History form for updating existing hygiene pts information at their recalls. I've edited the conditions etc to match our new patient intake form that we have NPs fill out online and are submitted to the office before their appt - however our NP form has one crucial element that I am wondering if it can be added to SoftDent's template.  Many pts do not list/think of vitamins, supplements etc as designated Medications and therefore do not write them in the space provided on the second page of SD's template. I have been handwriting in Vitamins/Supplements after Medications on each update form.  I know our hygienist goes over their hx histories, but as a fail-safe I would like to add that somewhere on SD's template. Is that possible?