cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
michmelon
Canine III

Perio chart Deciduous tooth

How can you perio chart a retained deciduous tooth?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
jenchrie
Canine II

Re: Perio chart Deciduous tooth

Hi Michelle,

A retained deciduous tooth is actually shown missing in the Perio chart (but it exists in the Restorative). Because of that, my dentist would just skip it. It would be nice if SoftDent would allow us to perio chart a retained deciduous tooth.

Anyway, I hope this information helps a little bit.

Jennysen

callton
Premolar II

This needs to be fixed!  Our hygienist just asked me to "fix" the chart so she didn't have to skip the retained primary tooth when she probes but it seems that we are stuck. She had to pause & mute the voice module for that tooth.  If she hadn't noticed the missing tooth on the perio chart it could have thrown the whole chart off.  Hope this makes the list for next update!

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi, yes we have been looking at this.

I would like some more info here:

What happens today:

If you change the chart for primary to secondary and the patient still has baby teeth, it shows them as missing in the perio chart. You cannot input perio values for those "missing" teeth?

Solution:

So the software needs the ability to input perio values for missing teeth.

Is there more to this?

Thanks for posting!

0 Kudos
callton
Premolar II

Yes, the software needs the ability to input perio values for retained primary teeth.  The tooth chart shows the retained primary tooth outlined in red but it is missing from the perio chart.  It is possible to input perio values for implants so maybe this is an easy fix?

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

ok thanks. Let's hope!
groucho
Canine II

The work around for having the deciduous tooth in the perio chart is to keep the permanent tooth in the dentition behind the deciduous tooth, so bring back the retained deciduous but do not place the permanent tooth missing, then put a condition that the permanent tooth is missing, so you know.  You will be able to perio chart it now.

callton
Premolar II

Fantastic!  Thank you - my hygienist is very happy with this work around.