cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Posting CareCredit

Jeff

Kay is a 100% correct on this one.  it appears to be a bigger issue if there are multiple family members seeing multiple providers.  I did reach out to Care Credit on this and they recognized my concerns.  Currently there is nothing we can do. 

On the SoftDent side you need to post the payment to one patient/account, then transfer the credit.

issue: the transfer does not show up when you print the patient transactions.

this is frustrating to clients.

Wendy

FormerPLM
Premolar III

Thank you Wendy!  

I am meeting with CareCredit management at 4 pm today, I will bring this up.  

pksaari79

dr.cavola

pksaari79
First Molar I

So, Jeff, what did we find out from CareCredit, back from March 2017?  How do we post multiple payments to one card so they get their 12 month interest free, since that is what we offer.  It came up again today and I see this was in thread back in March.  Did you get any answers??  Beth, our receptionist, said she tried to post the entire amount for CareCredit payment the other day but it wouldn't allow her to do it, doing it as Wendy had suggested.   We are on 16.2.4.jeffrey.urkevichsoftdentgirldr.cavola

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I would love to know the answer to this as well 

FormerPLM
Premolar III

Good morning,

Sorry for the delay on this.  We talked with Synchrony quite a bit on this one; their responses are below in red.  

Providers would like to:

Split provider funding for a single transaction

E.g., a patient sees two CareCredit providers in the same practice at fees of $150 and 850 respectively. Could one transaction for $1k be run and the payment split systemically, funding each provider?

Unfortunately, this cannot be supported. Due to promotional financing term assignment/notification/agreement, minimum sale thresholds, etc. a separate transaction would need to be run for each provider to prevent negative consumer impact.

Split patient income allocation for a single transaction

E.g., four family members are seen by one CareCredit provider at $200 each. Could one transaction for $1k be run to fund the provider, and the payments allocated to each family member?

Absolutely. Allocation is maintained entirely within your systems, independent of both the transaction information sent to us for processing and the consumer facing receipt terms.

eServices is looking into the second scenario, which will involve changes to the core product.  

0 Kudos
pksaari79
First Molar I

I guess we will try this again.  Beth did not have success with your split patient income allocation for a single transaction but I know Wendy said that's what other offices do.  Thanks for responding on this.  Transferring to other patients, in this instance, has nothing to do with the payment screen being automatically displayed when posting a payment code?  Because that is our setting to ensure payments are posted via the "Y" screen.softdentgirljeffrey.urkevich

0 Kudos
pksaari79
First Molar I

So, we did learn some things about posting CareCredit.  We usually have the "Y" checked to automatically happen when you go into transactions.  We do this because it is the easiest way to post to an account and we have one front desk person resistant to changing to this, so it forces her hand.  If this remains checked, you CANNOT post CareCredit to one patient, if there is more than one family member involved.  HOWEVER, if you uncheck it, you can use the "Y" screen, post the entire payment to one patient, and then transfer the credit to the other family member.  So, a question... why would it make a difference if this is automatically checked or unchecked, using "Y" for this to work or not work?  It doesn't make sense.  If you are using "Y", it should work checked or unchecked.  And it frustrates our patients if they come in, wanting to use it AND get their interest free amount?  if the fee is under $200 and it has be posted separately, they are not happy.  So this way works BUT I would like to keep the "Y" checked for automatic use.  Any thoughts on this scenario?? d.canales jurizchriscornettsoftdentgirl

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I have talked to Care Credit about this several times.  I cannot seem to make them understand how frustrating this is to clients and practices with multiple providers. Currently the only thing you can do, is post them payment to one patient then transfer the credit

0 Kudos
pksaari79
First Molar I

AND leave the Automatic Payment Screen unchecked for it to work in this way.  Sigh......