This morning our Practice Central is not working....the date at the bottom is correct but the information for preferences is from yesterday. What to do and why would this happen? I have gone out of Softdent and logged in AND 2 other workstations at the office are experiencing the same, so I had them restart their computers. Nothing has changed. I called Support but there is a wait, so I thought I would reach out to developers and trainers for assistance. This has happened in the past and I can't remember what we did. Luckily it hasn't happened often. Thanks!!
Sometimes the common matter is the SDTaskManager not running. I've listed
some steps to check:
1. Go to the server. Check to see if the SDTaskManager "red S" icon
appears in the system tray in the lower right hand corner of the screen
next to the system time.
2. Check to see if the SDTaskMngr.exe "Red S" icon is in the system tray.
If the SDTaskMngr "Red S" is there, hold the mouse cursor over it for a
moment and try double-clicking it. It may close out, this can be caused by
an abnormal termination of the SDTaskMngr.exe process. If the SDTaskMngr
is not present then continue.
2. Right-click on the SOFTDENT icon on the desktop of the server and
3. Note the Target and the Start in. The "Start In" path tells you what
drive and folder SOFTDENT is located in
The "Target" could be C:\SOFTDENT\SDWIN.exe then the "Start In" would be
4. Left-click Find Target (Windows XP) or Open File Location (Windows
Vista/7/8), this will open the "Target" folder. If on the server the drive
letter and folder should be the same. If these drives are different open
"My Computer" and then locate the SOFTDENT folder.
5. Search for the file named SDTaskMngr.exe in the SOFTDENT folder.
6. Right-click the SDTaskMngr icon.
7. Click Open, or double-click the SDTaskMngr.exe file. This should start
the SDTaskMngr.exe in the system tray.
8. Close the new window that displays the contents of the SOFTDENT folder.
9. Open SOFTDENT on the server to insure the issue has been resolved
10. Open SOFTDENT on the workstations to insure the issue has been
resolved globally on the network.
David McCrory| Technical Support Analyst
Carestream Dental LLC
My SDTask Manager is not seen on the taskbar of the server. I had copied your directions but in doing so, the Target with right clicking the Softdent icon and looking at properties is:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Carestream\Software Update System\PW.ApplicationController.exe" LaunchApplication EB0D0E0F-F05C-4426-8EC2-C39D2040D734
NOT C;/Softdent/Sdwin, as you suggest it might. 3 workstations have had this Practice Central error already and I am afraid it will not work tomorrow when we really need it. Please advise. I did restart the server due to update over the weekend. softdentgirl