cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schmidt
Canine II

Print Laser Postcard

Replaced our printer in the office this weekend and they weren't able to print out laser postcards.The print job just creates an error.  I am guessing this might have to do with some type of paper mismatch.

Any thoughts or tips on this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Print Laser Postcard

@bccarestreamrep any ideas on this? 

0 Kudos
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

If this is a network printer, please make sure the printer is setup to use the printer's network TCP/IP address as the port within Printer Properties. Once this is done, you should be able to print without errors from within SoftDent. 

0 Kudos
drcavola
First Molar I

I'm going to assume that you setup the printer ahead of time, selected if local or a network printer, and then loaded and ran the setup for that printer on that specific computer.  Make sure you select the appropriate driver, as stated below. Once it is successful, you need to go to the printer settings in your Softdent software to choose exactly which printer is selected for the print laser postcard job.  Softdent defaults ALL print jobs to the default printer selected in your Windows settings.  If this is a another printer other than your main printer, you have to select the printer within the Softdent printer settings.

Printers
Recommended Notes
• HP printer using the HP PCL 6 or PCL 5E
driver
• Label: Dymo LabelWriter 400 or
LabelWriter TwinTurbo
• For chart labels, choose a Laser or Dot Matrix Label printer
• Universal printer drivers are not supported; use printer-specific drivers

0 Kudos
Schmidt
Canine II

Thanks for the response.  My apologies for slow response.  I have a day job and help out a local office on the side.

I started by adding a print queue on the server and then shared the printer.   From there I browsed the network and double clicked the queue to add it to the pc.

I will review  your suggestions when I have time to get back in the office this weekend.

Thanks again for the responses!

bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Just following up. Were you able to get your laser postcards printing without errors?
0 Kudos