cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Printing appointments

Jump to solution

Correction update- This screen shot is the patients next appointment report that was in the initial discussion.

IF print next appointment is checked It will only print the next future appointment not all of the appointments.

IT will print ALL including today if unchecked.

appt report.png

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

Jump to solution
To the contrary, it DOES print out the appointments for today. That's why I started this thread: I don't want today's appointments to print.
0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

Jump to solution

I posted my previous response before seeing d_canales's answer.

Thank you for the explanation, although it's not the answer I hoped for. But at least now I know not to bang my head against that wall any more, lol.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

First of all, I apologize for the tardy response, I have been in training sessions/meetings most of the day.  As is always the possibility with written communication, I believe we had a bit of a miscommunication.  I think we all made some assumptions, instead of asking more questions.  I have finally had time to fully test the issue and found the following:

Brenda is navigating from the patient's appointment window (keyboard shortcut S) to the print the "Patient's Appointment List" Report (keyboard shortcut P).  This prints all appointments that are NOT history appointments for the patient, including today's. An appointment is moved to a history appointment not at the time of checkout/posting - even if you use shortcut PTA, but rather when the Missed Appointments Report is run, which is why she is seeing today's appointment on the report.  When Tina tested the appointments screen, yes, the appointment is physically removed from the list after posting - however it DOES still print on this report (in v17.1.1, live data).   As Wendy pointed out, there is an option to have the appointment disappear from the schedule when checkout occurs as well, but that does not impact this situation.

Brenda, what Tina is printing is the Patient Walkout.  This will list all upcoming appointments at the bottom but does NOT include today's appointment, even if the Missed Appointments Report has not been run.  There is currently no way that I can find to print the Patients Appointment List you are currently printing and not include today's appointment, if the Missed Appointments Report has not been run.  Just a reminder: the Missed Appointments Report should not be run until the following morning or all of the rest of today's appointments will be removed, so this will not help you print an appointment list for a patient that is in office today.