cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Premolar III

Re: Proposed Changes to Search Function

We have version 14.2.8. Does that search feature exist in version 14? If so, where can I find it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar II

Brenda - We have version 16.1.1.   Here is a screen shot - the search is in the upper right corner and I can search by first name, last name, DOB, address, or phone number.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar III

Thanks for the screen shot, Carrie. It looks like that feature does not exist in the version we have. Some day we'll get to version 16.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine III

Wow, Carrie! That's such a cool feature!  We have Softdent 16.2.4 and it doesn't do search by phone number.

0 Kudos
Premolar II

I can't believe they took that feature away!  I have the update to 16.2.4 sitting on my desk but maybe I won't use it!

Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Yes, that would be a great help! jeffrey.urkevich

0 Kudos
Highlighted
First Molar I

Wow!  this will be wonderful!

Highlighted
Canine II

I am the Senior Business Manager for a dental practice, and I can certainly say that having the option to search for a patient by DOB would greatly improve efficiency for the entire office. The option for using a report to narrow patients down by DOB is not practical at all, not when you're needing to search for a patient quickly and in real time, and that has been the only "work around"-way to narrow patients down by DOB that I have found. Being in a large and diverse metropolitan area, as well as working closely and often with different insurance companies customer service reps, we run into many accents that can be difficult to understand the pronunciation of a name, so having the ability to search for a patient by DOB would be fantastic for our team and practice! It has been two and a half to three years since I saw the first post on this site about this issue...is CS Dental any closer to adding a DOB search option??? Having worked with other dental and medical software programs that do indeed have the option to search by DOB, I know that it is absolutely possible and feasible, I am hoping CS Dental can update this so that we do not have another reason to switch to using a different software program in the future.  

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tyson_edwards adding you to this conversation as well. 

Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

What about search by email? That's not something I hear often but probably would make sense?

We are looking into this again for a future release!

0 Kudos