cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pksaari79
First Molar I

Re: Recall report to Contact Expert.

We use Softdent 16.2.4 and I run alot of User Selected Reports, if you have this version or close to it.  I figured out one way you can do this.  However, I will tag a couple of trainers to get their thoughts.

Go to Reports......Patient.....User Selected......Add Report (from the top tab)......Label your report......Put in your criteria and don't forget to mark print, if that is one of the items you want.  I was able to generate a report you wanted, I think.  The criteria I picked was Last Name, First Name, Prophy with the edits put in as yesterday's date by using "EQ to MM/-1/YYYY"  This way you could run it daily for yesterday's prophy appointments without always having to set the date. Then for Next Appointment, set it as MM/DD/YYYY.  For some reason, as I tried to run it for today, I could not get the next appointment.  Then go through the prompts and save it to your Report Manager....you will have it easy to just run daily and not have to set it up each day.  I love Report Manager!  Saves time and energy.

Is there another way to do this??softdentgirld.canaleslindamoseley

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Kay, this is great, and looks like it will do just what mbrown‌ needs!  Thank you so much for your expertise.  As far as I know, there is not already a report that gives her what she needs, so as you suggested, user selected seems to be the way to go.  softdentgirl, lindamoseley: anything to add? 

mbrown
Canine III

Thanks Kay!  This is what I tried but, like you, the "Next Appointment" doesn't show in the results.  I tried all sorts of variations for the Next Appt but no luck.  Any ideas? d.canalessoftdentgirl?

mbrown
Canine III

Wait, I think I got it: setting the Next Appt to Greater Than (GT) yesterday's visits and now they show on the report. Sweet!

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

The User Selected Report will give you what you need 

When including the next appointment it may indeed be a non recall appointment

LAST EX; EQ - Today's Date (Everyone who had 1110, 1120 or 4910)

NEXT APPT: Only click the Box that says Print (not date required) it will display the next appointment 

Legend :

EQ = Equal to 

LT = Less Than

LE = Less Than Equal 

GE = Greater Than Equal 

GT = Greater Than 

NE = Not Equal to 

Wendy

mbrown

Highlighted
pksaari79
First Molar I

Wendy I did this and I get the problem I kept having....that the next appt is today's date.  I don't see last exam as a choice in the user selected, so I used Prophy.  And, yes, Melva, I meant to add the GT for my explanation, so with that, the report would be from yesterday's patients and their future appointments. mbrown   Wendy, see copy:

lindamoseley
Canine III

Hi Mark,

You indicated you want an overdue Recall report sent to Contact Expert. You went to Reports>Recall>"LAST EXAM". And on your software you do not see this report. Yours might say something like "HYG RECALL". The reason is because the name of  this report can be changed in system settings. To see what your report name is go to:

System > Change System Settings > Recall > Recall setup/codes

On this window look on left side about 1/3 down for "NAME OF NORMAL RECALL SYSTEM".

From the screenshot below note that mine is called HYG RECALL.

System>Change System Settings>Recall>Recall setup/codes

Now that you know the name of your report you can find it in your SoftDent.

For me I will go to:

Reports > Recall > Hyg Recall (see below)

Recall report

In the Format dialogue window select REPORT.

Recall reort format

In the next window select CONTACT EXPERT.

Recall format box 2

Now enter the date range for the overdue patients. (this is the date they were due) Click OKAY.

The Recall Contact Expert will appear after it finds all the people that were due within the date range you selected.

(It could take a few minutes to run)

Recall contact expert

softdentgirl

pksaari79

d.canales

mdunham
Premolar III

We’ve utilized this format for years, and it’s VERY useful a as multiple users can work the reports at one time without duplicating efforts as all
Users see the same information. Excellent share of instructions!
Nice job!!!! Going to share/tag a few users, so they can see the ease of use .
0 Kudos