cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KDA43920
Canine III

Scanner Recommendations

Any recommendations for document scanners? We currently have  2 Canon p-208ii. I love the quality of the scans, but Softdent throws an error "not enough memory" (or something along those lines) every 10-15 documents. It's not a scanner issue, because it still works outside of softdent. I have to close and reopen softdent to "get enough memory." It's truly annoying, especially as we transition to chartless. 

We definitely prefer a size comparable to the p-208ii, but are open to other suggestions. 

Jon Kohler
0 Kudos
3 Replies
drcavola
First Molar I

Re: Scanner Recommendations

John, we have similar issues with our SD and scanner.  Here's the latest info ... from a very reliable high level tech:  drop the dpi to 150, as it's not the scanner itself, but rather Softdent and a memory issue with scanning.  That should help.

heatherdrgoley
Canine II

We use the Epson 300 and 500 scanners. Same issue. We have also been told it is on the softdent side not the scanner. We have also been told and have used the Neat scanner, with same issues.
0 Kudos
asmith
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

These are 2, that I have heard that office like when using SoftDent. I have included highlights of scanners and link to their web site. 

Fujitsu Scan snap IX1500 -$395 - IX1500  it is NOT twain compatible.  I no longer recommend twain compatible scanner.  The scan snap scans the document into a folder on the desk top as a .PDF, this is the way you will import it.  Then once it is imported into the patient's documents -  you can open and minimize the document while having the chart open, this feature is very nice.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fujitsu+scansnap+ix1500&safe=active&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS880US880&sxsrf=A...

Features:

30 pages per minute (front and back)

You can set up quick buttons

scans both sides

blank page elimination

Auto crop

Auto rotate

Dual scan  

Optional scan to .PDF

Scans driver license or insurance cards nicely

Canon 208ii - $119 – Small wand scanner (twain compatible)

https://www.google.com/search?q=canon+p208ii&safe=active&sa=X&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS880US880&biw=1280&bih=...

Features:

scans both sides

blank page elimination

Auto crop

Auto rotate

Dual scan  

Optional scan to .PDF

Scans driver license or insurance cards nicely

0 Kudos