cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aulino
Canine II

Secondary Insurance

How do I write a report that shows patients with secondary insurance? We only have a handful of patients with secondary insurance and we want a report of just these secondary insurance patients. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Secondary Insurance

This report can be created via Reports>Patient>User-Selected. You will need to include in your selection the Sec. Plan like below: 

bccarestreamrep_0-1614184352322.png

...and also make sure that you only include active patients and remove prim. plan print option from your report. 

There should be no "X" next to Prim. Plan like you see in the above picture. You make sure only active patients show up on the report by making sure your report setup also include this: 

bccarestreamrep_1-1614184510048.png

User-Selected reports can be confusing if you've never messed with them, so if this is not clear please don't hesitate to let me know.

The only items in your User-Selected Report setup that should have an "X" next to them are the following items: 

Patient ID

Last Name

User Codes*EQ or NE

Sec. Plan

0 Kudos
aulino
Canine II

Not sure what I am doing wrong. It is  generating a report with all patients who have no insurance, and secondary insurance. It is excluding patients with primary insurance though.

I appreciate your help.

Heather

0 Kudos
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Oh wow I'm so sorry. I totally ignored the Ops of the Sec. Plan selection. In your report setup, double click the Sec. Plan item and make yours look like this...

bccarestreamrep_0-1614197850490.png

Your results should not list any Plan 1 info, but only info for Plan 2 with Plan IDs. At the bottom of the report, you will have a total of patients on the report as well.

0 Kudos
drcavola
First Molar I

The user-generated reports will give you EXACTLY what you ask for.  In the case @bccarestreamrep suggested, it will provide you ALL the patients with NO primary insurance and with secondary insurance.  That is what data you provided.  Unfortunately you assume that Softdent will provide the other information, namely those patients with primary and secondary insurance, but that is not what you asked it to do.  

In fairness, when we do such type of user generated reports, we run to print screen, evaluate if what is provided is what we want.  If not, go back and readjust, then rerun.  Even the most "seasoned" Softdent offices can get reports a little off kilter at times.

0 Kudos
drcavola
First Molar I

Also, we like to run those on the server, as they have a tendency to take a few minutes to sift thru all the data files first.
0 Kudos
aulino
Canine II

Thank you! My report is perfect now 🙂

drcavola
First Molar I

Great!
0 Kudos