cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tthdoc
Canine II

Security - Viewing transactions without modifying

Using Softdent 17.1.1.  For security purposes there should be an option to view  a past transaction without being able to modify it.  For instance, say an insurance adjustment was posted yesterday.  When it was posted, a note was written with the transaction.  Today, we needed to check on this adjustment to see if any note was written, but I do not want the staff member to have the ability to modify the transaction.  Right now this is not possible.  If I want the staff to be able to see it, I have to allow them to modify it, otherwise they are denied access.  This needs to be an option for the transaction security.  On the scheduler screen, you can select an appointment and either view or edit.  But this is not an option with past transactions.  You can either edit it or not be able to see it at all.  There are many times someone may need to see a transaction detail, but not to be able to change it at all.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Security - Viewing transactions without modifying

You do have the ability to lock this down!  You will need the Admin Password to make these changes. I feel we should also have the ability to delete today's transactions,  but nothing in the past.  Currently the ability to just delete today's transactions is #1 on my wish list  

Click System

Click Change System Settings

Click System Security 

Click Rights by User 

2019_06_19_17_44_32_CS_SoftDent_Software_v17.1.1.jpg

See the suggestion in red above

then when a team member wants to view the transaction 

have them highlight the line item and press 1 (to Zoom) they can see everything but only make change for today.  

Wendy

0 Kudos
tthdoc
Canine II

Thanks, that does help.  However, and by accident, I found a bug in the program.  I highlighted a transaction, pressed 1, saw the details, but if you press 1 again, the program crashes.  Was able to repeat this on 2 different computers.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Thanks, I will report this to Development.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Here is a quick workaround

after pressing 1 to Zoom, instead of pressing 1 again, press ESC, then use you up/down arrow to navigate to a different transaction, you can press 1 again without error.  if you prefer to navigate by single clicking that appears to work perfectly.

have a good evening

Wendy

0 Kudos