cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
callton
Premolar II

Re: Small pin box

I'm talking about the zoom assistant - maybe it is different than the insurance tags.  But we want them turned off  and it was an option until we upgraded.  Apparently now we are stuck with having to exit out of them with every chart we enter and while some find them helpful, most of the staff finds them annoying!  It is disappointing to lose customization with this update.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I agree 100% with you.  We need more customization (not less)  I also love the bluebook note popups!

Thanks for posting on The Exchange!

Wendy

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Wait a minute ... Smiley Wink.  I'm unsure why this caught my attention, but now I am fascinated ...

I didn't know those bluebook insurance notes do that ... where have I been???

Not only that, but here's what we're finding out but doing just a little bit of "playing" ...

The popup that comes up when scheduled an appointment takes into consideration the specific dates for that specific code, but also future dates as calculated by the date(s) that last code was posted ...

For example, we used an adult prophy code for patient who came in March of this year, has an appt for Sept of this year, and made the note of 2 per calendar year.  The popup note stated that since we made an appt prior to March of next year that we were "early" and needed to make the appt AFTER 03/xx/2020.  

(hope that makes sense)

Thanks for bringing this feature to my attention!!

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dr. C

SoftDent has many hidden nuggets.  I am always excited when someone finds one.  Smiley Happy

Blue Book Notes, Limitations and frequency are all set from the bluebook.  

Wendy

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

This isn't something we intentionally took away.

Can you email me with a screenshot of where you used to be able to turn them off?

tyson.edwards@csdental.com

0 Kudos
callton
Premolar II

@tyson_edwards I wish I could remember where it was but I'm pretty sure we turned the Zoom assistant off when we upgraded in 2013 so too long ago to remember!  I do remember that I called support regarding the pop-up and it was in a place that was so obvious I couldn't believe I had missed it....sorry that is all I remember.  The support tech I spoke to last week agreed that it had been somewhere you didn't have to dig too deep to find.

Also, my bluebook notes never pop up on the zoom assistant - not sure how other people get a pop up by putting a note there but I have tried & can't figure that one out.

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

The bluebook notes are not going to pop up on the zoom assistant. Rather, they pop up when you're scheduling the patient for any or all of the codes for which you made notes and will show up as an appropriate caution note when you go to book the appointment.
0 Kudos
mdunham
Premolar III

There is still time!  Pull the information and add to upcoming Hyg appts plans and of course to all new plans verified.   Your hyg dept will learn to rely on the BB notes and not on you for information.  Consistency is key, shortly thereafter all plans will be done! 

0 Kudos
callton
Premolar II

I cannot get these notes to appear.  I have tried multiple patients by various ways of booking (in the scheduler, from the treatment plan, with and without code in the treatment plan).  I do not get a pop up.  So the pop up I do want to use does not work and the pop up I want to eliminate (the Zoom assistant when opening a chart) won't turn off.  

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

The Bluebook notes appear to be popping up correctly in v17.1.1. but not in the scheduler version 117.1.1, I have reported this to development.

Wendy