cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dentalgenie
Canine II

SoftDent Code & Fee Export to CSV, TXT, XLS

I'm working with dental offices on a new marketing system that offers discounted pricing.

I am writing instructions to export dental procedures and fees for the major dental practice software systems.

I do not have access to SoftDent, and I need to have the instructions ready before we have a client who uses SoftDent. I called SoftDent support and they referred me to this community.

Can procedures & fees be exported to a file (CSV, TXT, XLS) from SoftDent? 

I've searched the SoftDent documentation, but cannot find instructions to export procedure codes & fees. I found the topic on how to print fees (thanks chriscornett), but I'm not sure if a file export is an option in these steps.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
uniondental
Premolar I

Re: SoftDent Code & Fee Export to CSV, TXT, XLS

There is not a way to print to any reasonable and usable file format out of Softdent for fee schedules.. They use the file format "rep" which is proprietary. In the past when I've needed something we had to find a coder or programmer which could write up a program to read and convert to csv. It's been years since needing to do that. Maybe one of the developers will have better info for you.
dentalgenie
Canine II

uniondental, thanks for the helpful info!

0 Kudos
uniondental
Premolar I

I should have said it can be printed but I don't think that is what you need.  Sorry for the confusion. 

0 Kudos
dentalgenie
Canine II

Do you know if it can be printed/saved as a PDF? 

0 Kudos
uniondental
Premolar I

I tried printing with Cute PDF Writer and it does work and you can save it that way. Then it can be sent out as pdf's 

Hope this gives you what you need.

Sharon

0 Kudos
dentalgenie
Canine II

Thanks for the tip. 

0 Kudos