cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sdental
Canine II

SoftDent Keeps Changing Billing Doctor Causing Claims To Fail

I am new to the office and before I started the office was having issues with billing. 

I am including photographs of what is going on. 

We need help and numerous calls to SoftDent has not helped, or their fix would work for a week then it would go back to the same problem.

softdent help.pngIf anyone knows what is going on and why, it would be greatly appreciated

Thank You!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: SoftDent Keeps Changing Billing Doctor Causing Claims To Fail

Hmm this is strange. I haven't heard of this specific issue. @ayman any suggestions here?
0 Kudos
KAlex
Canine II

I would check the set up for insurance if you have a default in the system. 

Just thinking out loud on why that would happen.

0 Kudos
KAlex
Canine II

Also check the provider set up to see who you have listed as the Dr. on Insurance form? also collections assign to   

that sounds like an incorrect provider setup 
most probably you have the Dr on ins forms selected to 15 while collection is to 4 
here is some information about the billing provider on ADA form 

Box #48: Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code

This box will be filled with the billing dentist or dental entity's name and address. However, there are many options as to what this field will actually show.

1. If the system setting to print the practice name on forms (System > Change System Settings > Insurance > Print Practice Name on ADA Forms) is checked, then the Practice's name and address will be printed as the billing provider.

2. If the system setting to print the practice name is NOT checked and the collection provider's provider type is set to "Practice" then the practice name and address will be displayed.

3. If the system setting to print the practice name is NOT checked and the provider type is set to something other than "Practice" then the collection provider's name and address will be displayed.

0 Kudos