I am not a sales person, but as an application specialist I can tell you that cloud computing is defintily on the upswing. Some of the benefits of the cloud I've recognized with our other customers are:
- Competitive edge: with the cloud you are always on the latest and greatest version of the software and have access to many of the added benefits such as our eServices. Updates happen when your office is closed so you never have to coordinate or schedule an update.
- Efficiency and cost reduction: you don't have to purchase and maintain expensive server equipment or IT teams.
- Advanced security and backup: we take all the guesswork out of backing up as we keep your data safe in an offsite location with various levels of redundancy and security. Even if local disaster were to strike, your data is safe and secure in our remote facilities.
- Accessibility: you can access your data remotely as long as you have an internet connection and your credentials.
- Scalability; cloud can handle small 1 location/3 employee offices and large multi-location/100+ employee offices with ease. Regardless of size, we have a solution that fits.
I know @dianed said she would have someone reach out, but please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.
Think twice before switching. yes it does have benefits like not worrying about HIPPA and storage. But when it is down you are losing your business and angering patients.. We are clous based .In last 2 months cloud has been down twice without notice for more then 24 hrs.