cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Premolar III

Re: Softdent Enhancement Request

We have not been using the weblinks within SoftDent. I just have insurance bookmarks in Chrome organized alphabetically by insurance company, with all the Deltas in their own separate bookmark subfolder.

I doubt that that's better than your solution. πŸ™‚

0 Kudos
Highlighted
First Molar I

Actually, we recently learned about the Softdent weblinks. It has been helpful in that you don't have to go out of Softdent to pull up your Google or Internet Explorer. We can't seem to do it for all of the insurance companies, but enough of them that it's been nice to have this at our fingertips within the Softdent program.
0 Kudos
Premolar III

When you click on 'Browse', it opens up a browser, right? One of Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
First Molar I

It goes directly to the link for insurance, saving you time by opening the browser and then clicking on that particular tab.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar I

@doctom4300:

I have had to keep a duplicated copy of bookmarks in my browser outside of Softdent, since it is much quicker to access websites all at once whether I'm checking eligibility/benefits, downloading EOBs/Preauths, etc.  If we were allowed to create aliases for each Weblink (just like we can with browser bookmarks), it would be much easier to continually find/select the next Weblink that we need just from the Weblink list.  However, we aren't even able to pull up the Weblink list without going through an InsCo first.  But for new employees who aren't as familiar with the different InsCos/TPAs/Networks, I still have to maintain the links in Softdent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

@suzanne  - thanks for that list.  I will do what I can to write up the needed info for our developers. "Ease of Use" is a big thing right now, so anything that makes the software easier to use will be easy to push higher to the top of the list.  I'll get back with you if I have any questions. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Quick update regarding our meeting last Wednesday... I was able to make a strong case for additional patient search options (DOB, phone number) and demonstrate how cumbersome it can be to schedule from the treatment plan.  I think both are going to get some quick attention.  I will keep this thread updated as I find out dates/versions, etc. regarding these items.  

I know you've heard it before, but we really appreciate your feedback (and your patience).  Keep it coming.  Seriously, don't give up!  Keep posting what you want - remember all ideas are good ideas but things that make using the software easier will likely garner faster attention.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

@softdentgirl - any advice or tips regarding Weblinks in SD?  Read the last two pages or so in this thread to catch up on the discussion.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar I

@danelle_canales: Thanks for advocating for us! I've also been scouring the boards for any plans to update the insurance estimation that is quickly becoming obsolete with all the new plan designs. I'm not sure if it would be better presented on this thread, or starting a separate one dealing specifically with insurance estimation.
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I'll make a new one and tag you right now. 

0 Kudos