cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
First Molar I

Re: Softdent Enhancement Request

Step 1:  Add Weblink under weblink tab.   Step 2:)  Add Vendor/Insurance Company Name under the LABS tab.    Step 3.)  Enter Vendor details/  and LOGIN credentials within Note section of Lab Tab  w/in Labs.    Step 4.)  Attach weblink to Vendor/Ins Company entry under LABS.    

Now, it is very easy to search for a weblink as well as create an easy way for selected user to update login credentials for vendors and insurance company sites.   Changes are auto-reflected universally, therefore easing the "WHO CHANGED THE PASSWORD" battles.  

Perhaps the easiest thing is for SD to create a VENDORS list similar to that of Labs and Pharmacies. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
First Molar I

SD WONDERWORKERS!!!!    (Tyson and all those listening)   It WOULD BE FABULOUS to perhaps be able to assign a Color to Plans.   All Pts with appts under that Allowance  Table would appear as the selected color.  

To make me smile and applaud for all practices, the ideal situation would be to provide users the ability to assign a color to an Insurance Company, Plan and  Allowance table

WHY ALLOWANCE TABLE? 

**Practices to which are Third Party contracted ( A GREAT MANY) need a visual for Schedulers to see which patients,ie ( Risk and Income) are associated with that day.   

***  Assigning it only to plans will not work if the providers negotiated tier is different for that product within that insurance company.   

**** Assigning only to companies, would defeat the attempt entirely, as again, if contracted w/ TPP, only certain products of that company may be applicable to the Risk and Income.  

SD is awesome at giving options.    

Allowing practices the option of color by Plan or Allowance Table would be excellent.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
First Molar I

The search bar would be excellent!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
First Molar I

ALLOWANCE TABLE REPORTS: 

Practices NEED the following reports. 

1.) Practice Income by Allowance Table

2.) Adjustments by Allowance Table. 

3.) Patients by Allowance Table 

This request is OVER DUE,  a great number of practices are contracted via Third Party Payers.  Secondly, you must consider the newer wave of "internal TPA"/ Shared Access that is now becoming very prevalent within companies that practices consider to be DIRECT.     

Example:  Aetna Direct PPO shares its member roster with several other "Direct" companies, such as Guardian.   Shared Access will differentiate amongst product types of EACH plan.      Certain Aetna products may not fall under Shared Access with Guardian.   Therefore, only SOME of the Aetna Company Patients would be estimated at Indemnity , and others may fall under a Guardian Allowance table for a provider.  

This becomes more complex for Practices to which not all providers are contracted the same.   

SD CAN handle this,  but WE NEED A WAY TO MONITOR our risk and income.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Here are the Charting icons with titles, you can also hover over the icon to see the tool tip.  

softdentgirl_1-1582655171623.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine II

Re: Softdent Enhancement Request - Production/Collection/Write-Off by Insurance Co

as a participating provider I find it difficult to run a report by insurance company, I would like to see Production by carrier with write-off and collections 

please consider this enhancement request.

Thank you 

Joni.

Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Softdent Enhancement Request - Production/Collection/Write-Off by Insurance Co

Hello Joni,

Thank you for your post.

This has been requested before; hopefully we see it in a future release.

Wendy 🙂

@tyson_edwards 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
First Molar I

Spoiler
If you are contracted with ANY third-party payers via Internal Direct Contracts ( Leased Access/Shared Access) or otherwise.  The BEST report to have is Production, Collection and Risk By ALLOWANCE TABLE.    This type of report would then provide an accurate breakdown to properly inform you of participation risks.  

I create modifier Ins Payment and Adjustment codes for all contracted Allowance Companies.   Then run a special created Report via Report Manager which is, in essence, a Trans by a Period report that includes those modifier codes.   Two reports are needed.  I label them Income by Contract Allowance Table and Risk by Contract Allowance.  

Modifier code example:  

2.8 - Metlife PPO Payment 
2.9- Careington Payment--  Tpa- add the Company/payer name in Bank# box, ie GEHA
2.10-DHA/Sunlife Payment--  TPA- add the company/ payer name in Bank Box, ie  Aetna PPO
50.7- Careington Adjustment 
50.8-Metlife Adjustment 
50.9- DHA/Sunlife Adjustment:

Disclaimer:  while this can give you EXCELLENT well needed information, you will not be able to use the Insurance Check posting feature and make some current preset SD insurance reports invaluable.  Because SD has preordained certain Ins check posting and adjustment codes to populate those reports.     Melissa Says:   most practices dont even know those preordained SD reports exist AND My report and posting patterns give providers WHAT THEY NEED!!!   

So very many "Direct" contracts now are incorporating a deeper web of shared Access, lease network agreements which can change form month to month without provider notice.  

Add to the fact that IF a provider has a TPA agreement, herein involves another issue of Cross Networks.   How do you keep it straight?  

Post and adjust by modifier codes, labeled by Contracted Allowance Table ( NOT THE COMPANY/ Payer NAme, as they are not important at all and could change allowance table at any time)  

If you need help, feel free to reach out to me,  SD you as well!!!!    This is a NEED!!  You would be the ONLY PMS Software that could do such a thing.  Not even OPen can do this at this point. 

@tyson_edwards 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

**Just a reminder, SoftDent has specific codes that are reserved,  before creating a code, double check the attached transaction code range job aid. 

Currently the reserved code for PPO adjustments is 50.90

Wendy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
First Molar I

Yes, but if you use the code 50.90 it is almost impossible to quickly track practice risk when a Third Party Agreement is covering the plan, or if a Direct Contract has a shared access agreement with another insurance company or TPA.    This is why SD must correct this by creating Income and Risk Reports based upon which ALLOWANCE TABLE is posted to plan.     Currently, SD and PW leave practices in the dark when it comes to Shared Access and TPA agreements.      

0 Kudos