cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrsdentist
Canine II

Softdent Issue with Collection Summary Report not matching with bank deposits

Jump to solution

Help!  Why is the Collection Summary Report and business bank deposit reconciliation completely off.  Most of the funds is received via EFT and in the bank, but the EFTs transactions does not show in the collection summary report.  The funds are deposited and posting of EOB statements in Softdent my be 1-2 weeks later, but even with that the reports should balance and it does not.  I've reached out to Softdent techs (R1s and R2s) but to no help.  I've asked for someone who specialize in this accounting area and no one in Softdent could answer my questions, or direct me to the right staff for guidance.

I cannot figure this out and getting very frustrated.  Please help solve this problem.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Softdent Issue with Collection Summary Report not matching with bank deposits

Jump to solution

Hello @mrsdentist ! I apologize that this post was missed, it was posted in our Welcome to Community area and not SoftDent. I'm going to move this post to the SoftDent area so it is seen, and also tag a few people that may be able to assist. 

@softdentgirl or @d_canales, can either of you provide some insight to this? 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Softdent Issue with Collection Summary Report not matching with bank deposits

Jump to solution

Good Morning, 

What Version of SoftDent are you using? 

in SoftDent Version 17.1.1, The Collection Summary report lumps the  EFT Payments with the insurance check payments.  

The Day Sheet has a separate deposit slip for EFT payments.   This makes it easier to balance for the day.  

if you are not on version 17.1.1.,  you can run the Transactions for a Period report to reconcile your back statements,

Click Reports 

Click Accounting 

Click Transactions for a period 

enter your date range

codes: 2.90 - 2.94

click ok.

TIP: have your bank set up a separate account for the EFT deposits, it makes it much easier to reconcile.